Hornresp

hi david
the reason for asking was realy to compare system volume(to see how much the volume has grown/shrinked) after adjustments in the loudspeaker wizzard.
until now i just remember the volume of the original,but sometimes i got it mixxed up :D

grtz erik.

btw this driver arangement tool makes things verryclear for everyone.:)

Last edited:
the reason for asking was realy to compare system volume(to see how much the volume has grown/shrinked) after adjustments in the loudspeaker wizzard.

Hi Erik,

The Loudspeaker Wizard memory feature can be used to readily compare system volumes - use shortcut keys F1 to F4 to store up to four different designs and keys Ctrl+F1 to Ctrl+F4 to recall those designs.

Kind regards,

David

Re the need to having to "capture results" to compare two combined response plots etc. Would it be possible to inlcude an option for "always calculate combined response"? Or a key combination (Ctrl+F5 for instance) to to that right away?

Hi Bjørn,

While it would certainly be possible, I am reluctant to make such a change :). To be consistent and for the sake of completeness, ideally the same functionality should then also be provided to enable the immediate generation / direct comparison of directivity responses, maximum SPL responses and multiple speaker responses. Because of the way that the Hornresp menu structures have evolved, I can foresee a number of problems in trying to do this without having to completely re-build the user input interface. Unfortunately this is not something that I am in a position to do at this stage - sorry :).

Combined response can of course be directly calculated if the Loudspeaker Wizard is being used...

Kind regards,

David

I'm curious if anyone has, or if not, how difficult it would be to make a hornresp app for android.

Instead of making it for android, someone should make it for the web

if you put hornresp online, you could build an entire community around the application.

For instance, I've made two or three hundred hornresp designs, but they're scattered across a few computers I have

If there was a 'hornresp online' it would have the following advantages:

#1 - a single repository for your designs, similar to the way that flickr or picasa works
#2 - make it collaborative, like facebook
#3 - all of the designs are 'in the cloud', so you won't lose them if your laptop dies
#4 - ideally, you'd want some way to share them, similar to a facebook wall
#5 - the best thing about putting hornresp online is that it's accessible across all platforms. Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, IOS

This would solve the problems that people have running hornresp on their mobile devices, but it would also foster collaboration.

Instead of making it for android, someone should make it for the web

if you put hornresp online, you could build an entire community around the application.

For instance, I've made two or three hundred hornresp designs, but they're scattered across a few computers I have

If there was a 'hornresp online' it would have the following advantages:

#1 - a single repository for your designs, similar to the way that flickr or picasa works
#2 - make it collaborative, like facebook
#3 - all of the designs are 'in the cloud', so you won't lose them if your laptop dies
#4 - ideally, you'd want some way to share them, similar to a facebook wall
#5 - the best thing about putting hornresp online is that it's accessible across all platforms. Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, IOS

This would solve the problems that people have running hornresp on their mobile devices, but it would also foster collaboration.
Just run it from a dropbox for free, but only access it from one machine at a time.
Yes that is my referral link above, and yes we will both get extra space for free. THANKS :D

I'm curious if anyone has, or if not, how difficult it would be to make a hornresp app for android.

Probably not very much harder than making Hornresp in the first place :) Of course it depends of how many features you want to include.

So to answer your question: if you know how to write code for simulating horns, it is not very difficult, just time consuming.

Regards,
Bjørn

I thought I should jump in to say "thankyou so much".

Thanks for the thanks, davewantsmoore, it is much appreciated :).

That usually means he is up to something!

Not this time, Mark :). Nothing at all is being done on the Hornresp front at the moment. No bugs have been reported by users for ages, and I have run out of things that can be readily added to the program. Producing an Android app or an online version is not an option... :).

Kind regards,

David

You realize that means you have created a really good program.

I extol it virtues quite regularly to clients. It is always amazing to people when I can show them a simulated response in comparison to a measured response and the two are in quite close agreement.

You have enabled me to do higher quality work in enclosure types I could only have dreamed about but a few years back.

Thankyou David.