Hornresp

Bevore you do anything else, backup all you now existinbg data. Best ist if you use something like acronis backup, which takes a snapshot of the whole drive.
Are you sure there is no hidden copy of the dat file somewhere? As David recommended, try the search function to look all over your hardrive (after backup). If there really is none, or only the old one you just mentioned, you could be lucky trying the restore point. Keep in mind that your pc will be set back to an older state, so best is to get the most recent dat file after restoring your old version via the restore point and then save it to a safe, external place. Afterwards, use the acronis backup to recover your windwos state you have right now.

Another option you could try (after acronis backup) instead of the restore point is an undelete tool. Sometimes the files are still there, just not visible. look for ntfs file restore via google. Try to change as less as possible on the disc where hornresp was/is.

If you have a second PC, you coulduse this one to burn a CD with some rescue tools. hirens rescue cd might do the trick.

seems odd
windows update should not delete files that are not part of the os system.
hr is a stand alone program wich has nothing to do wit the os itself.
its more likely that your harddrive is defect.
do you use raid?
as sabbelbacke suggested use an undelete tool.
if that doesnt do it nothing wil .

I did use a recovery program, and i did find the files, but they where overwriten allready!:(
I have been scraching my head all day wondering how the files was deleted, but i really dont know.
But ok, i have the most important files in my head!:)
I have been building loudspeakers for 35 years and Hornresp is hands down the best simulation program i have used.
Keep up the good work David, you are the wiz!:wiz:

Dag

What's a Dropbox?

How does one set it up?
Does using one have any downsides?

2 GB+ of free cloud based personal storage that seamlessly syncs between multiple PCs.

https://www.dropbox.com/

I'm not affiliated, just a user. If I refer you and you sign up, I get more storage though... If interested, PM me an email address, I'll send you a referral.

Downsides? No ads or anything like that, and no cost. Maybe that it is limited in size, and that syncing takes time. Also - it does not exactly protect from deletion or overwriting, because any changes you make propagate through the system. I use it a lot though, works well for me. I can sync my data between several desktops and laptops seamlessly.

Hi David!

Thanks for your great program. I just updated from I think v25 or so to v29, lot's of fancy new features I still need to play around with.

But one problem I have encountered (not a bug, just something I'd like to see), is that when you want to simulate multiple speakers, you need to simulate twice. First you simulate the single speaker, then you Ctrl+K in the multiple speakers. This works fine, but with one problem. When you use the "compare previous" function, it compares to the single speaker of the same type.

But what I was trying to do was compare 2 of one speaker with 3 of the other speaker. I was able to do this by creating a new "metasub" with 3 times the S1-S5 of the actual sub, and with 3P drivers in it. As far as I can tell, this sims the same as 3 individual speakers. But it would be nice to be able to skip this step of creating a new record somehow. Hope I'm not the only would who would love to see this.

Thanks.

PS: just realized - the same applies to vented designs, as you have to first sum the driver, and then the combined response. so you can't really compare two reflex boxes with one another I think.

just right click "capture current results"
then it holds all data of the current screen.
use f4 button to compare the captured data to compare with your new data.
@ david
for the wishlist if possible,it would be nice to compare the schematic daigrams
regards erik

Last edited:
2 GB+ of free cloud based personal storage that seamlessly syncs between multiple PCs.

https://www.dropbox.com/

I've been running hornresp from a dropbox for quite a while now and the only snag is if you happen to open hornresp on more than one PC/Mac at a time, that will cause a conflicted copy of the database file to be created. Which is the proper thing to do IMO.

it would be nice to compare the schematic daigrams

Hi Erik,

I tried experimenting with schematic diagram comparisons some time ago, but the combined drawings can get quite messy so I decided not to include the feature in Hornresp - I like things to look nice and tidy :). It is of course possible to export the horn data for different designs, and to compare the profiles in Excel or similar.

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update

Hi Everyone,

Hornresp Version 29.10 has just been released.

The data input form used with the Driver Arrangement and Multiple Speakers tools now includes a schematic diagram showing the specified driver / speaker configuration. See the example screenprint attached.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Arrangement.png
    Arrangement.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 216