Hornresp

Hello David,

Seems OK to me too.

Still the problem of the inverted phase on the phase graph ... (wrap around + and -180° and not around 0°).
Though the calculated impulse response has the correct polarity (could be only a problem with which phase is diplayed: uncrorected or corrected...).

Best regards from Paris

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Hi mimura,

Your design looks okay to me.

Others with more practical experience may wish to comment further.

Kind regards,

David

Last edited:
I have been away from the forums, and the internet, as I relocated from Melbourne to Russell Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland. I got back online on Saturday and find I am unable to connect to David McBean's new link. Well, I think its a new one. I had no problems before. I use windows 7 and Google Chrome but have tried IE well. Is my PC lacking something? I'm looking forward to any help.
jamikl

Posts #2538 and 2540
Hi David,..I just had to ask. Thanks for the explanation and the example, one question though: when setting the Sd in your example to 0.5*Sd do I leave all the other parameters as they were with a single driver?

Hi Oliver,

They will change too in a IMO weird way as BL Rms and Mmd will be UN-recognizable if doing a real world measurement.

b :)

Attachments

• Sd-divided-by-two.JPG
    Sd-divided-by-two.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 170
They will change too in a IMO weird way as BL Rms and Mmd will be UN-recognizable if doing a real world measurement.

Hi bjorno,

I am not sure how to interpret the results you have posted :).

To establish a starting point reference - what are the theoretical parameter values for a single Audiobahn AW1251SE driver?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

David

I got back online on Saturday and find I am unable to connect to David McBean's new link.

Hi jamikl,

The current Hornresp link is Hornresp. The webpage is very kindly hosted by Sabbelbacke in Germany.

I have noticed that file download times have been significantly slower over the past week or so, but I don’t know the reason why.

Do you have a dial-up or a broadband Internet connection?

Kind regards,

David

Seems OK to me too.
Still the problem of the inverted phase on the phase graph ... (wrap around + and -180° and not around 0°).

Thanks Jean-Michel.

I have no idea why my reply to mimura was posted twice, 28 minutes apart :).

I get the phase response shown below - isn't this correct?

It seems to be wrapped around 0 degrees okay.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Phase.png
    Phase.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 195
Hello David,

Your phase graph is correct.

Here is the one I obtained with the new version of Hornresp downloaded few minutes ago.

Attached is the Hornresp record mimura.txt I used.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Thanks Jean-Michel.

I have no idea why my reply to mimura was posted twice, 28 minutes apart :).

I get the phase response shown below - isn't this correct?

It seems to be wrapped around 0 degrees okay.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• phase_mimura.gif
    phase_mimura.gif
    66.9 KB · Views: 193
  • mimura.txt
    419 bytes · Views: 41
Here is the one I obtained with the new version of Hornresp downloaded few minutes ago.

Hi Jean-Michel,

The reason for the difference in our results is that you are using the 'unmasked resonances' option and I am using the 'masked resonances' option.

I am not sure why this should have such an effect on the phase wrapping process - I need to investigate further :).

Kind regards,

David

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Hello David,

Your phase graph is correct.

Attached is the Hornresp record mimura.txt I used.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Hello David and all the members.
Thanks for the help. I do not know if it will affect projects that are going to do it. I do not know much about such details.

Thank you for good.

Post #2554 - Isobaric Driver Configuration

Hi David,

I'll attach a screen print of some notes in a spreadsheet. Using these values seems to work well enough. Please, let me know if you find any big mistakes.

Regards,

Attachments

• Isobaric_spreadsheet.jpg
    Isobaric_spreadsheet.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Isobaric_drivers.jpg
    Isobaric_drivers.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hi bjorno,

I am not sure how to interpret the results you have posted :).

To establish a starting point reference - what are the theoretical parameter values for a single Audiobahn AW1251SE driver?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David,

A starting point reference is single coil DVC TS parameters that can be found here: The submitted picture

b:)

Attachments

• Audiobahn-AW1251SE_Single-coil-Normal_Isobaric_Parallell-Serial.JPG
    Audiobahn-AW1251SE_Single-coil-Normal_Isobaric_Parallell-Serial.JPG
    840 KB · Views: 173