Hornresp

Seems like a good time to jump in and ask :
How do people save & upload the nice jpegs of Hornresp results into these threads ?
I was expecting some option to 'Export' > 'jpeg' from any of the results, but it's not quite that simple . Do people just 'print screen' and then crop the picture in Paint and save as a jpeg ? - or is there a better way ?
Cheers

Mark

Close. ALT-PRINTSCREEN will capture just the open window, rather than the entire screen. Quick and easy.

Would it be possible to make a feature to simulate a front loaded horn with BR-volume in hornresp.

Regards, Helmuth

Hey Helmuth,

This is a sim of a midbass using a 150Hz Lowther Audiovector Auditorium horn together with a ported 12" Altec 414-8A:

Attachments

• trac.PNG
    trac.PNG
    57.7 KB · Views: 206
  • tracflex.PNG
    tracflex.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 204
  • tracflexph.PNG
    tracflexph.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 168
Greets!

DMB,

Got a strange one here with 2830-110124. Records 2 thru 10 makes the LW active, but returns a run-time error when clicked on. Ditto when I add a record using them. Everything seems fine from 11 upward in a sampling.

GM

Attachments

• Run-Time error '380'.gif
    Run-Time error '380'.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 221
Got a strange one here with 2830-110124. Records 2 thru 10 makes the LW active, but returns a run-time error when clicked on. Ditto when I add a record using them. Everything seems fine from 11 upward in a sampling.

Hi GM,

This certainly is an interesting one.

Indications are that perhaps records 2 through 10 have been corrupted in some way. If you care to send me a copy of part of your Hornresp.dat data file, I would be happy to investigate further.

Double-click on the Hornresp.dat filename in Windows Explorer to open the file in Notepad, then copy and paste the first dozen or so records into a new file and forward to me at dmcbean@bigpond.com. You are welcome to send a copy of the whole file if you prefer - I realise that it is rather large :).

Kind regards,

David

Throat vent expansion

Hi David:

Just a quick one - HornResp allows the user to set the type of expansion (Conical, Exponential or Parabolic) for the various segments of the horn. Can this be extended to include the throat vent too? At the moment it looks like only Conical expansion is supported (there's no option to change it to anything else).

See attached for an example, where the vent expansion from 55 cm^2 (Apt1) to 135cm^2 (at S1) is assumed to be conical.

Attachments

• 20110209-hr1.gif
    20110209-hr1.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 20110209-hr2.gif
    20110209-hr2.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 180
HornResp allows the user to set the type of expansion (Conical, Exponential or Parabolic) for the various segments of the horn. Can this be extended to include the throat vent too?

See attached for an example, where the vent expansion from 55 cm^2 (Apt1) to 135cm^2 (at S1) is assumed to be conical.

Hi Brian,

I will have a look when I get a chance - it may take a while though, as I am very busy at the moment. Double-clicking on the Lpt label to change the flare might be the way to go. To completely integrate the feature into all the wizards etc, would however require a considerable amount of work - I may have some difficulty in justifying it :).

For the compound horn example you have given, the limitation can of course be overcome simply by using S1, S2 and L12 rather than Ap1 and Lpt, and adding a second segment :).

Kind regards,

David