Hornresp

Can the "scroll speed" when scrolling by clicking on the side of the slider (instead of the arrow) be increased at the same time?

Hi David_Web,

I thought that this was already the case.

For scroll bar values less than 10000:
Clicking on the arrow should change the value by 1
Clicking on the bar on either side of the slider should change the value by 10

For scroll bar values greater than or equal to 10000:
Clicking on the arrow should change the value by 10
Clicking on the bar on either side of the slider should change the value by 100

Are you seeing something different to this, on the sliders that have the new multiplier feature?

Kind regards,

David

Hi vadi,

Thank you very much David!

You're welcome :).

I can't import the impulse response to Holmimpulse though. I always get an exception.

I'm not sure why that should be the case. The Hornresp impulse response data values are exported in a Wave Sound file using the standard *.wav format. As I understand it, the file can be successfully opened by a number of other loudspeaker design software tools. It certainly works okay with the Windows Media Player on my PC.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David_Web,

I tried it again and you are absolutely right. *scratches head*
Not sure why it appeared different last time.

Thanks for confirming that the sliders are working okay. Perhaps you were looking at a "non-multiplier" slider earlier :).

I just imported an IR into HOLM and it worked. I used latest version of Hornresp just to be sure as well as older IR that I had exported.

Thanks for this also.

Kind regards,

David

Thanks for testing, I get an error in Holmimpulse with the WAV file. Also when I export the frequency response, only phase seems to work. Then the impulse response window shows something too, but I don't know if it's correct. Well I'll try to redownload it.
I can't wait to build the sub anyway. :)

Hi Everyone,

The code could be a lot tighter still, but then it would be more difficult for me to understand and maintain :).

Just out of interest, I checked - the latest release of Hornresp has 46212 lines of source code. A printed listing would be more than 770 pages long, assuming 60 lines per page. By contrast, the original 1970 Fortran IV version had 397 lines of source code - less than 7 pages when printed out :).

Kind regards,

David

Just out of interest, I checked - the latest release of Hornresp has 46212 lines of source code. A printed listing would be more than 770 pages long, assuming 60 lines per page. By contrast, the original 1970 Fortran IV version had 397 lines of source code - less than 7 pages when printed out :).

Kind regards,

David
Its quite amazing how 'our children' grow and develop isnt it! Has it really been that long? :D

I periodically have gotten some discrepancies between regular plots and those in the Wizard, but finally got around to loading V26.40 and the first old design I loaded to copy showed a doozy of a response plot error, though from memory the Wizard one looks OK:

GM

Attachments

• HR version.gif
    HR version.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Input screen.gif
    Input screen.gif
    15 KB · Views: 192
  • FR plot.gif
    FR plot.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Wizard plot.gif
    Wizard plot.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 191
The ability to pop out graphs to display several at the time would be nice and have been suggested before.
But from what I can gather it would be too much coding to implement right now.
Who knows, in the future some code might need some rework and it would make sense to implement a bunch of changes like that.
Bigger UI and some other stuff had been brought up as well.

A lot of suggestions have been shot down into the suggestion box with little hope at the time but then to appear gracefully in a later version

I periodically have gotten some discrepancies between regular plots and those in the Wizard..........

Hmm, went back and looked at this again and noticed Rg = 3.4 (no idea how this happened or why I would have inputted such), but the Wizard displays the proper Rg = 0.1. Changing the input screen to Rg = 0.1 calculated a different plot, but not the one I remember, though at least now the Wizard's plot mirrors it close enough. Still, the fact that it's so different from the previous Wizard plot implies that all's not right in Bitsville.

GM

Attachments

• 'New' Rg = 0.1 plot.gif
    'New' Rg = 0.1 plot.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 176
OK, in playing around a bit more, adding series R makes a mess of the response plot and when I fix it in the Wizard and save it, it's still a mess in the main response plot window.

Hi GM,

Many thanks for the detailed description of the problem. I will investigate and let you know when it is fixed - the update I intended releasing today will be held back until then.

The thing that really has me puzzled is how the Wizard could show Rg = 0.10 when the main input parameters screen shows Rg = 3.40. When the Wizard is opened, it should simply copy in the values from the main screen.

Kind regards,

David

Greets!

You're welcome, for sure it got my attention once I noticed it! Anyway, I noticed I was one revision behind, so installed it just now and it seems OK, so I guess my copy got corrupted somehow along the way.

Then again, I added/saved a new record from yesterday's bad one to experiment with and when I re-calc'd it just now, it's still wrong, though in the Wizard it shows both Rg = 3.4 and AFAIK the correct plot! So not sure if I should just delete it and assume the program's OK or has it still got a problem?

GM

Attachments

• Input screen 2.gif
    Input screen 2.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 60
  • FR plot 2.gif
    FR plot 2.gif
    22 KB · Views: 57
  • Wizard plot 2.gif
    Wizard plot 2.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 55
Bugs Fixed

Then again, I added/saved a new record from yesterday's bad one to experiment with and when I re-calc'd it just now, it's still wrong, though in the Wizard it shows both Rg = 3.4 and AFAIK the correct plot! So not sure if I should just delete it and assume the program's OK or has it still got a problem?

Hi GM,

There is no need for you to delete your record. As of yesterday, the program still had a problem.

However - the bug you reported, and the error I found earlier in the combined response for a compound horn with a throat adaptor, have now both been fixed.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback - identifying the cause of the problem for me (non-zero Rg) made things just that much easier.

The latest Hornresp release is Product Number 2640-100512. Hopefully everything should work fine now :).

Please let me know if you come across any other problems / anomalies.

Kind regards,

David

Last edited: