Hornresp

Has anyone requested the ability to enter mms, or reverse calculate mmd from mms? That particular spec is rarely published. And although I don't have a big problem with it it would be nice to be able to enter Cms in µm/newton as it would be easier to read.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your thoughts.

If Mmd is unknown, simply double-click on the Mmd input box in edit mode and follow the prompts to enter Sd, Cms and fs values. Mms data figures given by speaker manufacturers are sometimes inaccurate, and do not apply to compression drivers in any event.

Sorry, but Cms is going to stay as m/newton, and continue to be expressed using engineering notation :). This is the generally-accepted metric standard unit for mechanical compliance, and is the one quoted on most specification sheets. You are just going to have to learn to live with exponents :).

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Version 26.20

Hi Everyone,

Hornresp Version 26.20 has just been released. Changes are:

1. When the Esc key is pressed from the Input Parameters window, the user is given the opportunity to save any record changes before exiting edit mode.

2. When a Loudspeaker Wizard parameter value is decreased by clicking the left arrow on the slider scroll bar, results are immediately updated as the value reduces from 0.10 to 0.00. The arrow no longer has to be clicked a second time for this to happen.

3. Up to four sets of Loudspeaker Wizard slider control settings can be temporarily stored and recalled. (Note that it is not necessary to display and click the memory buttons - the designated function keys can be used instead).

My thanks to brsanko, Oliver (tb46) and FlipC for highlighting the issues leading to the above changes.

A number of other code refinements have also been made to hopefully ensure that the slider controls operate correctly under all conditions.

Kind regards,

David

This may or may not have been asked before but... will there ever be a driver database facility in HR? So instead of having to find various bits of paper with TS params I can just select a driver from a list.
Excellent software btw.

What's wrong with using the 'Find' tool in the 'File' menu to take you to a design or even just a set of driver's specs? This was one reason why I asked, and got, the number of files increased from 1000 to a virtually infinite number (I forget how big, but higher than I have enough years left to use). Functionally, it's no different than selecting a driver in Unibox or WinISD.

GM

David once suggested to keep separate driver records, where the comment field started with #, and contained the brand, type number, xmax and Pmax of the driver. When the records are sorted, all drivers will end up at the start, and will be easy to find with the Find function. And don't forget the Copy Driver function.

Hi Bjørn,

Thanks for this - you have explained the process very clearly, completely and concisely.

Kind regards,

David

Within LoudSpeaker Wizard. Why does it change the graph when simply selecting S2 Variable. Without changing the inputs. Also it doesn't go back to its original state when you go back to fixed.

Hi FlipC,

In most cases the value of S2 will alter when 'Horn - S2 Variable' is selected because it then needs to match the overall horn contour. This is why the chart results change.

When 'Horn - S2 Fixed' is selected again, S2 can no longer vary as the horn contour changes, but remains at its current value. This is why the chart results don't change initially in this case.

Try having a look at the schematic diagram and adjusting the area sliders, and switch from 'S2 Fixed' to 'S2 Variable' and back again, to see how it all works. Note how the value of S2 shown under the schematic alters.

Kind regards,

David

Minor Update

Hi Everyone,

Another small feature has been added to the Loudspeaker Wizard tool. When the S key is depressed, the schematic diagram is now displayed while the key is held down. This means that a user can quickly sanity-check a speaker’s physical design after adjusting length and area sliders while viewing say, the SPL Response.

The arrow keys now also work again with the drop-down lists. My thanks to 'bubblersound' for picking this one up.

The Hornresp Version Number has not changed, but the Product Number is now 2620-100223.

Kind regards,

David