Hornresp - Page 94 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2010, 07:27 AM   #931
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredk1 View Post
Several times now I have noticed that driver parameters have changed. I am pretty much working with tapped horns right now and the tapped horn wizard. BL, CMS, RMS and MMD all appear to have changed on my current model. Is there something I am doing along the way that is triggering this?
Hi fredk1,

In earlier versions of Hornresp the driver parameter values would automatically round to one decimal place when the Tapped Horn Wizard was opened, even if the driver sliders were not moved. This problem was fixed some time ago.

Also in early versions, the driver parameter values would change to their equivalent composite values when multiple drivers were specified. This no longer occurs.

Otherwise, the driver parameter values should not change of their own accord.

Are you using Hornresp Version 25.00?

Kind regards,

David
Old 30th January 2010, 07:54 AM   #932
fredk1 is offline fredk1  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the quick response David. Yes I am indeed using version 25. Hmm... I must have done something odd then
Old 1st February 2010, 04:32 AM   #933
diyAudio Member

Hi there: I'm using Hornresp V22.0, when I change to V25.0, will my past saved files still run ok? ... regards, Michael
Old 1st February 2010, 05:38 AM   #934
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.michael droke View Post
Hi there: I'm using Hornresp V22.0, when I change to V25.0, will my past saved files still run ok? ... regards, Michael
Should work just fine. Back things up just in case.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:36 AM   #935
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.michael droke View Post
I'm using Hornresp V22.0, when I change to V25.0, will my past saved files still run ok?
Hi Michael,

Hornresp will always automatically update the Hornresp.dat data file produced by an earlier version of the program.

In the past, some users experienced data corruption problems when they tried to use a updated data file back with an earlier version of the program that they had retained as a "backup". While this practice is no longer possible, I still strongly recommend that when a new version of Hornresp is downloaded, any earlier versions of the program are deleted.

Kind regards,

David
Old 1st February 2010, 04:43 PM   #936
FlipC is offline FlipC  United States
diyAudio Member

Bout the only thing I noticed was that the TH input setting
got changed to OD. Not a big deal at all. Just clicked edit and changed each back to TH when I wanted to review them again.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:18 PM   #937
Ivo is offline Ivo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Running Hornresp in Ubuntu/Linux:

Your comment about decimal placement issues got me thinking. I was running the 64-bit version of Hornresp. I searched and found out that the 32-bit version is the best supported version and some things don't work as well in 64-bit. Whether the bits could have something to do with decimal placement issues, I don't know.

I down/re-graded to 32-bit all the same and now Hornresp is running fine. I entered parameters of a known driver - no problem. I ran a simulation of a known enclosure - no problem.

Woohoo!
Old 1st February 2010, 11:29 PM   #938
Ivo is offline Ivo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hmmm. Selecting the tapped horn wizard ends in "Run time error '380': invalid property value.
Old 2nd February 2010, 05:29 AM   #939
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Version 26.00

Hi Everyone,

Hornresp Version 26.00 has just been released. Changes are as follows:

1. The Tapped Horn Wizard tool (renamed Loudspeaker Wizard) can now be used with direct radiators - including bass-reflex systems, conical single-segment horns, multiple-segment horns, compound horns - with a conical horn 2, tapped horns and offset driver horns.

With the exception of conical single-segment horns, the horn segment flare type can be changed when the tool is in use by double-clicking the left-hand-side label located above the relevant length slider.

The new tool is not applicable to non-conical single-segment horns because the multiple element / isophase wavefront model used with these horn types prevents results from being updated quickly enough for the scroll bar slider controls to operate correctly.

2. Efficiency values are now exported as part of the chart data. The attached Excel screenprint shows efficiency plotted for the default record system with resonances masked.

3. The fatal run-time error reported by ‘bubblersound’ and the tapped horn multiple speakers SPL problem identified by ‘NEO Dan’ have been fixed.

As always, could you please let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Efficiency.png (38.4 KB, 120 views)
Old 2nd February 2010, 05:32 AM   #940
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
Bout the only thing I noticed was that the TH input setting got changed to OD.
Thanks FlipC, I will investigate.

Kind regards,

David

Hide this!Advertise here!