Hornresp

Not at the moment, but I can consider adding the feature if there is sufficient demand.
I still plan to construct with Martin King’s or another BLH to achieve a little bass gain from my fullrange driver but in the hornresp simulation of it the response has dips and peaks I assume can be heard. However Martin’s simulation worksheets at the far field listening position looks smoother. If that doesn’t work out, a closed box project using this technique looks promising. I suppose additional power from the amplifier is needed to support the bass gain. My 2 1/2 and 6 watt valve amps probably won’t cut it. Not that I understand it to a great degree, output impedance of tube amps might require an additional buffer.

I suspect that will probably also be the case for the Linkwitz Transform filter option in Hornresp, but for the sake of completeness the component values will be provided in the next update.

Prior to these updates, wasn't there LW and 5 band PEQ options in Filter Wizard?

What's the difference between those options and LT? It seems to me they do the same thing with more flexibility with the PEQ.

LT is quicker and easier to use in the application it was designed for. The difference is that the LT is a specialized tool for a specific use, the PEQ is a general tool and will will probably take longer to set up to get exactly the same response as the LT. In an analog implementation, the LT will use fewer components. In DSP, I expect it will use fewer processing blocks as well.

Reactions: 1 user