Hornresp - Page 697 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2017, 10:50 AM   #6961
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the links, the latter I have viewed. From looking at the various horn configurations, I thought the design was most closely represented by the offset horn. But as your first link defines trapped horn as those that have the driver part way along a horn segment I guess this also applies to the design.
Old 9th January 2017, 11:13 AM   #6962
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi CUTTING EDGE CNC,

A possible alternative model could be as shown in the attachments.

Kind regards,

David

EDIT - Use the Loudspeaker Wizard to add the necessary absorbent filling material to the transmission line.
Thanks very much David. I have attached an edited drawing showing the dimensions of a section 3.8cmx10cm and 1.2cm long. Could you please let me know if this should be represented as a horn segment or not. and if so, if there are more than 4 segments, how is the data entered?

On a side note, after reading the recent comments on this thread it must be irritating and disheartening for you to have to put up with pedants. It's one thing for a user to point out a potential glitch to aid the development of the software, but to criticise in such a pius fashion is offensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker dims.jpg (96.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 9th January 2017, 03:23 PM   #6963
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi CUTTING EDGE CNC,

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TB_W3-315E.JPG (770.4 KB, 127 views)
Old 9th January 2017, 03:40 PM   #6964
diyAudio Member

Bjorno, Thanks for taking the time to provide me this info....you're a top man. Your TABAQ's are very close to what I would like to make, and so using them as a starting point is huge help.
Old 10th January 2017, 06:23 AM   #6965
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTTING EDGE CNC View Post
I have attached an edited drawing showing the dimensions of a section 3.8cmx10cm and 1.2cm long. Could you please let me know if this should be represented as a horn segment or not. and if so, if there are more than 4 segments, how is the data entered?
Hi CUTTING EDGE CNC,

Ideally the 3.8cm x 10cm x 1.2cm duct volume should be modelled as a separate segment, however because Hornresp is limited to four segments it is necessary to make a simplifying assumption, as bjorno has done.

In my example I simply used your 10.2cm figure for the final segment length without checking the dimensions on the drawing. Somewhere around 14 cm would appear to be a more accurate figure to use, as shown by bjorno.

Kind regards,

David
Old 10th January 2017, 06:36 AM   #6966
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTTING EDGE CNC View Post
But as your first link defines trapped horn as those that have the driver part way along a horn segment I guess this also applies to the design.
Just to clarify, the design in question is a mass-loaded transmission line loudspeaker, and should be modelled in Hornresp as an offset driver (OD) system, not a tapped horn (TH or TH1) system.
Old 10th January 2017, 11:04 PM   #6967
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Question Polarity ?

@ David McBean CodeMaster

Hi, even with the latest version i've searched right through the HLP file, & cannot find how to reverse the polarity of a driver ! Apart from where it mentions it in the Wavefront Simulator, but i want to be able to do it generally.

Am i going blind, or ?
Old 11th January 2017, 06:11 AM   #6968
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero D View Post
Hi, even with the latest version i've searched right through the HLP file, & cannot find how to reverse the polarity of a driver ! Apart from where it mentions it in the Wavefront Simulator, but i want to be able to do it generally.
Hi Zero D,

The polarity of a source / driver can be reversed in the Wavefront Simulator tool and in the Multiple Entry Horn Wizard, but not generally.

If you are seeking to reverse the polarity of selected drivers in either a multiple driver or a multiple speaker array, then for the results to be meaningful it would be necessary for the Hornresp simulation model to take into account the relative geometric positions of each of the multiple drivers or speakers in the array. This would require additional input data values, and would complicate things enormously.

Another one for AkAbak, it seems.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (37.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png Attach_2.png (51.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 11th January 2017, 11:07 PM   #6969
diyAudio Member

I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at the attached section drawing and let me know if I have entered dims into the hornresp parameters correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF hornresp.jpg (213.2 KB, 70 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FF body.PDF (25.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 12th January 2017, 01:13 AM   #6970
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

From your drawing I get a total center line length of 83.3cm. And a port length again by center line of 6.4 cm

Your simulation as setup is a length of 85.2 cm and a port length of 6 cm.

Have you looked at the response of the simulation?

Faital sim.png

Hide this!Advertise here!