Hornresp

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can no longer use the "Filter Wizard" under Wine/linux in the actual versions of Hornresp.
The sliders are no longer displayed (see picture) in other tools (e.g. Loudspeaker Wizard) the sliders work.

So far I have managed to use an old version (53.20) - but now the data format seems to have changed and it is no longer possible to switch between the versions.

I know that Wine is not supported - maybe someone has a tip. Hornresp ran so well under Wine and I can't/won't use Windows (even in a virtual machine).

Bildschirmfoto_2022-10-10_14-01-28.png

many grettings, Michael

I think you can use VituixCad to do H-Frames and U-Frames. Instructions here:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/an-improved-transmission-alignment-ii.391041/

Basically you make the enclosure in HornResp, and then you export the output from the front and the back as seperate FRD files, then import it into VituixCad.

The cool thing about going this route is that you can evaluate the impact of the baffle size and shape.
Will be following. And learning.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately, I can no longer use the "Filter Wizard" under Wine/linux in the actual versions of Hornresp.
The sliders are no longer displayed

Hi Michael,

An On / Off switch was added to the active filter wizard in Version 54.10. Try double-clicking on the black 'Off' label shown circled in red on the attached screenprint. This will enable the sliders. Could you please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
i need your help to install hornresp on my linux device.
i did install wine latest version.
i did download Hornresp.
then a error occured : wine did not find courier new font.
so i downloaded it and added it to my linux and my wine "fonts" folders.
then another issue occured : "Hornresp cannot find font 'MS Sans Serif' ".
So i downloaded this font and added at the same folders as for courier new, but it does not work.
i guess i have to name correctly my font file but i do not know the exact name of the file Hornresp is looking for (i downloaded MS sans serif from multiple sites and always the file name was different).
do you know how i should rename my font file to make my hornresp work ?

Hello,
i did download Hornresp.
So i downloaded this font and added at the same folders as for courier new, but it does not work.
i guess i have to name correctly my font file but i do not know the exact name of the file Hornresp is looking for (i downloaded MS sans serif from multiple sites and always the file name was different).
Try:
Code:
wget  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks
winetricks corefonts

Hello,
i did download Hornresp.
See if this gets you home.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/hornresp.119854/page-430#post-5536539

If not, paste a long listing (w/ symlinks) of the msttcorefont directory. I honestly can't recall what I did. I think I just had to add a symlink but memory is increasingly untrustworthy.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/hornresp.119854/page-430#post-5536539

If not, paste a long listing (w/ symlinks) of the msttcorefont directory. I honestly can't recall what I did. I think I just had to add a symlink but memory is increasingly untrustworthy.
ok will try later thank you :)
last year or so i did install hornresp on my linux and just remenber about placing fonts file in the correct directory and it worked out, i don't remenber anything complicate but i am unable to make it this time haha

Hi Kees,

Thanks for the feedback, I was aware of the problem but was hoping that it would not become an issue :).

As the complexity of Hornresp increases it is becoming more and more difficult to foresee all the possible actions that a user might take. I will try to change things in the next update so that the problem can no longer arise. In the meantime, the way around the specific example you have provided would be to highlight the L34 input box, key in C100 and press Enter. You will then find that you can close the program or move to another record.

Kind regards,

David
I am was a year ago already mucho impressed on your work, and I agree, if software get,s complicated problems arise, but hee it keeps you busy. Like all of us with the other challences. I post soon a music fragment with the sub box I did calculate, does very nice and deep for such small sub.

I ried it but i don't understand what i am supposed to do in last step :
  • Change registry by clicking on file (Font Fix.reg) in attachment
when opponing the file i got a text file :
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SSERIFE.FON"
"MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SERIFE.FON"
"Courier 10,12,15"="COURE.FON"

and from here i don't understand what to do, in my "windows nt" directory i do not have any other directory so i can't find this /currentvresins/fonts folder.
can you explain me a bit ?

if someone here is using linux and hornresp together, maybe just sending the font file and telling me in which directory to place it will work no ?