Hornresp - Page 64 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2009, 07:10 PM   #631
mhtplsh is offline mhtplsh  India
diyAudio Member

I hv this horn input of a dual bandpass horn box. I am getting error message as in the next post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horn input.jpg (70.1 KB, 241 views)
Old 21st June 2009, 07:14 PM   #632
diyAudio Member

warning message for the above post HR input.
Let me know my mistake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warning 2.jpg (43.3 KB, 242 views)
Old 22nd June 2009, 03:24 AM   #633
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Segment F45 has a Cir = 1.01, so in the Wizard, check the 'Cir' specify box, input 1.0, then 'calculate' to have it recalculate L45, F45 to 22.17, 99.23.

BTW, for my records, what brand, model driver is this?

GM
Old 22nd June 2009, 04:44 AM   #634
diyAudio Member

Thanks GM,
I am trying to understand what u say.

The driver is chinese made T & T.
Popular model in Phillipines.
Old 22nd June 2009, 07:48 AM   #635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mhtplsh
warning message for the above post HR input.
Let me know my mistake.
Hi mhtplsh,

Please note that the message you are seeing is an advisory one only. Hornresp still works okay for multiple segment horns with Cir > 1, it's just that the results become less accurate as Cir increases above 1.

Kind regards,

David
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:13 AM   #636
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David McBean

Hi Cordraconis,

Further to my post above, just confirming that volume details will be added to the Horn Segment Wizard in the next release.

Kind regards,

David
Thank you very much!

when I'll do another bDEAP (or equivalent), this will speed things up greatly!
You don't need to answer this, but will the volume details only be about the given Horn Segment, or about the whole horn incl back- and frontchamber?

Another thing I just think about: I've had some limited programming experience years ago, and I know there ought to be some sort of global variables from inside your program. What are your toughts about creating a small floating window in which you can create a custom simple calculation based on some of those variables?
In my case, this would be something like:

"External Pathlength of bDEAP with 22cm diam. driver is=" SQRT (#TotalSystemVolume / 22)

Where "TotalSystemVolume can be built from #Seg1Vol +#Seg2Vol + #BckChVol + #FrontChVol etc ...

This can be usefull for people with particular folding schemes and also to generate an extended "program state" in case an error or crash occurs for easier troubleshooting.

Old 22nd June 2009, 08:58 AM   #637
Jmmlc is offline Jmmlc  France
R.I.P.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HORNRESP VERSION 22.10

Hello David,

Acceleration being the derivative of velocity it is quite normal to obtain that 10dB slope. It was expected.

As I don't have any measurement of the power response of the TAD TD2001 on a Le Cléac'h horn, what interest me is to compare my frequency reponse curves measured by me at various angle from the axis, with the simulated response (HR directivity tool).

If the set of curve evolves differently with the off axis angle then probably we can say that the discrepancy between the response curves measured off axis and the ones simulated by Hornresp is due to a certain distribution of the pressure field at the driver throat.

Now if they are similar we must probably ask us why the simulation done using acceleration is better...

Ref: paragraph 3.2.1 in Mark Dodd's paper
(to calculate the on axis and off axis response he applied a j omega factor to the response in constant velocity...)

http://www2.kef.com/resources/whitepapers/uniq.pdf

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Quote:

Based on these results, I am not sure that there would be much to be gained by including a constant acceleration option in the production version of Hornresp. Do you agree?

Kind regards,

David
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:02 AM   #638
diyAudio Member

Hi Cordraconis,

Quote:
Originally posted by Cordraconis
Will the volume details only be about the given Horn Segment, or about the whole horn incl back- and frontchamber?
The volume details shown on the Horn Segment Wizard will apply to the given horn segment only - it is less confusing that way. The total system volume information will of course still be provided on the Schematic Diagram.

I realise that you would probably prefer to have the total system volume on the Horn Segment Wizard also, but I want to confine information on the Wizard solely to the segment under consideration.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cordraconis
What are your thoughts about creating a small floating window in which you can create a custom simple calculation based on some of those variables?
This is not going to happen :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:05 AM   #639
Jmmlc is offline Jmmlc  France
R.I.P.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HORNRESP VERSION 22.10

Hello David,

Your graph shows a 20dB/decade slope not a 10dB/decade slope as I wrote eroneously.

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Quote:
Originally posted by Jmmlc
Hello David,

Acceleration being the derivative of velocity it is quite normal to obtain that 10dB slope. It was expected.

As I don't have any measurement of the power response of the TAD TD2001 on a Le Cléac'h horn, what interest me is to compare my frequency reponse curves measured by me at various angle from the axis, with the simulated response (HR directivity tool).

If the set of curve evolves differently with the off axis angle then probably we can say that the discrepancy between the response curves measured off axis and the ones simulated by Hornresp is due to a certain distribution of the pressure field at the driver throat.

Now if they are similar we must probably ask us why the simulation done using acceleration is better...

Ref: paragraph 3.2.1 in Mark Dodd's paper
(to calculate the on axis and off axis response he applied a j omega factor to the response in constant velocity...)

http://www2.kef.com/resources/whitepapers/uniq.pdf

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Old 22nd June 2009, 11:54 AM   #640
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Henkjan,
Your first question has been asked previously - see Post #478 for my answer.
As I recall, your second question has also been asked before - the answer is effectively the same as that given for question one :-).
too bad... fire up Akabak then....

Quote:
Hi Henkjan,
All features are documented in the Hornresp Help file. It should not be necessary to discover anything :-).
why take the fun out of discoveries by reading a manual

Hide this!Advertise here!