Hornresp

I'll check it out today when I log on at work in the office building.

Hi BP1Fanatic,

Just a thought - have you by any chance been using HornrespMerge in conjunction with the latest version of Hornresp? If so, then your data file will most certainly have been corrupted. If you care to send me a copy of your Hornresp.dat file I can check to see if it has been damaged, and possibly fix it for you if the problem is not too severe.

My e-mail address is: dmcbean@bigpond.com

Please note that using HornrespMerge to copy records to the current version of Hornresp will result in corrupted files.

Kind regards,

David

It's all good now! Same laptop hooked up to a docking station at work. As you can see, I'm able to change all the sliders in LW. I think my job's firewall was messing with the program when I was at home :D
9431087.jpg

I'm working on a new release of HornrespMerge now.

Thanks Bjørn.

Would it perhaps be possible to include a warning message in HornrespMerge to indicate when record formats are not compatible?

Also, what happens when a user merges data from several archived files, possibly produced by different versions of Hornresp having differently formatted records?

Kind regards,

David

Hi all,

A new version of HornrespMerge is available, please see http://folk.ntnu.no/bjorkol.

Would it perhaps be possible to include a warning message in HornrespMerge to indicate when record formats are not compatible?

Yes, there is a message when converting between the formats.

Also, what happens when a user merges data from several archived files, possibly produced by different versions of Hornresp having differently formatted records?

It should be OK, I have added functions to convert between new and old formats. All formats can be interchanged, but when converting to and from the oldest format, some fields may contain erroneous values. When converting between the newest format and the previous one, HornrespMerge just add or remove the Pmax/Xmax fields.

If there are any bugs, please contact me.

Bjørn

Greets!

Once more into the breach...........

Design plots correctly in HR, but in the LW the last section has a tapered schematic, response. Note that at least some earlier versions of LW displayed them correctly since I have some older designs with this 'step', but now they all are 'off'.

GM

Attachments

• Ex Anarchy HR.gif
    Ex Anarchy HR.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Ex Anarchy HR schematic.gif
    Ex Anarchy HR schematic.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Ex Anarchy LW.gif
    Ex Anarchy LW.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 260
Design plots correctly in HR, but in the LW the last section has a tapered schematic, response. Note that at least some earlier versions of LW displayed them correctly since I have some older designs with this 'step', but now they all are 'off'.

Hi GM,

For a four-segment tapped horn, the 'Lizard' (my abbreviation for the Loudspeaker Wizard :)) automatically adjusts the value of S4 to provide a constant profile between S3 and S5. This has always been the case, and is one of the key features of the Wizard when used with tapped horns. The value of S4 cannot be changed manually, as no slider is provided. Note that in your example, the S4 value of 187.62 shown on the main input screen becomes 65.60 in the Wizard.

Not sure how you could have seen a 'step' in a tapped horn design in earlier versions of the 'Lizard' :). Is it possible that you might have been looking at an offset driver design instead?

Kind regards,

David

Hi, David.
Fist of all, thank you very much for fixing bug with tapped horn! Project was successfully finished in time :).
Now i'm modelling Compound Horn and discovered one problem in Horn Data Export. It can export dimensions only for front horn, rear is simply ignored, and corresponding fields are absent in export wisard window. Is it a bug, or i missed something in hornresp help and this horn can be exported separately?

Now i'm modelling Compound Horn and discovered one problem in Horn Data Export. It can export dimensions only for front horn, rear is simply ignored, and corresponding fields are absent in export wisard window. Is it a bug, or i missed something in hornresp help and this horn can be exported separately?

Hi The Lamer,

No it is not a bug - it's just that the work required to include horn 2 in the exported data would be significant, and it is not really necessary anyway :). Simply create another record, specify the rear horn of the compound horn using S1, S2 and L12, and then export the dimensions for that horn separately to obtain the additional data you need.

Kind regards,

David

David, can you comment this graphs? the same driver (144 litres Vas)in 2pi
gray - with 22222 litres rear chamber(its half rear room)).
black - w\o rear chamber.
and will roughly the same listening room in front of driver produce similar effect?

Attachments

• 6gd.jpg
    6gd.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 165
David, can you comment this graphs? the same driver (144 litres Vas)in 2pi
gray - with 22222 litres rear chamber(its half rear room)).
black - w\o rear chamber.
and will roughly the same listening room in front of driver produce similar effect?

Hi Flaesh,

Sorry, but I am not exactly sure what it is that you are asking - perhaps someone else may care to comment? A screenprint of the Input Parameters window would be helpful.

Kind regards,

David