Hornresp

I prefer the bp alignments being labeled by their order.

Hi Etocynned,

The BP4, BP6 (series / parallel) and BP8 (series / parallel) labels will not change.

The BP5, BP7 and BP9 labels are misleading in that they do not actually refer to fifth, seventh and ninth order systems - rather they are hybrid / quasi alignments. To reduce the potential for any confusion, they are to be renamed BPA, BPB and PBC, and be referred to as Type A, Type B and Type C band pass systems.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Etocynned,

The BP4, BP6 (series / parallel) and BP8 (series / parallel) labels will not change.

The BP5, BP7 and BP9 labels are misleading in that they do not actually refer to fifth, seventh and ninth order systems - rather they are hybrid / quasi alignments. To reduce the potential for any confusion, they are to be renamed BPA, BPB and PBC, and be referred to as Type A, Type B and Type C band pass systems.

Kind regards,

David

To much clarity! What's next? Design input help? A wizard with fancy sliders! Man a trained monkey can design loudspeakers with this software!

Wait a minute....

;) :D:D

Hi David,

Now that "BP" wizard is so much complete, should i ask (probably again) for delay/phase curves as with the other loudspeaker wizard ? Actually spl/phase can be exported and so externally viewed, but it's not really plug'n play for my army of monkeys.

Thanks !

Damien

Last edited:
re:untrained monkey - that's still too difficult for me !!! - perhaps add an Alexa voice recognition feature - "Alexa - I want me a horn that does blankety blank Hz, etc.) with output to a CNC machine then assembly robot using computer interpretation of foilding based oin Brian Steele's sheets.

Now that "BP" wizard is so much complete, should i ask (probably again) for delay/phase curves as with the other loudspeaker wizard ?

Hi Damien,

You haven't asked before, but it seems that you have now :).

I have a number of other projects "on my plate" at the moment, but will add it to the list of things to look at when I get a chance. It is not going to happen tomorrow, though.

Kind regards,

David