Hornresp - Page 44 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2009, 01:44 AM   #431
diyAudio Member

Default New Release

Hi Everyone,

I have now updated Hornresp to correct the Tapped Horn Wizard problem reported recently by Oliver (tb46). Scrollbar values are now rounded only when a slider setting is actually changed. The new release is Product Number 2110-090327.

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience that may have been caused. Thanks again to Oliver for the excellent feedback.

Kind regards,

David
Old 27th March 2009, 02:10 AM   #432
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Default scroll bar values

Hi David,

I just updated to V2110-090327, and everything I have tried sofar seems to work well. No more "little rounding errors". :-)

Thank you very much, your continuous effort is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Old 27th March 2009, 02:19 AM   #433
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brsanko
I'm wondering why, when I go to export the numbers for designing the horn I keep getting an error saying "name cannot contain" and saves a blank text file.
Hi brsanko,

This is very strange indeed.

Could you please tell me what filename you tried to use, and what was the exact wording of the error message?

Did the message look anything like one in the attached screenprint? In this example, the character "]" has been used as the filename to generate a legitimate error.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (9.3 KB, 497 views)
Old 27th March 2009, 02:25 AM   #434
diyAudio Member

Default Re: scroll bar values

Quote:
Originally posted by tb46
I just updated to V2110-090327, and everything I have tried sofar seems to work well.
Hi Oliver,

Wow, that was fast!

So far so good, it seems :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 27th March 2009, 04:54 AM   #435
brsanko is offline brsanko  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to brsanko
It looks just like that, except there is no character after the statement it just says "file name cannot contain." I just tried to recreate the error and it was inconsistant. I tried a new name and some names I already used. It gave me the error on the new name and then on one of the old names but worked on the second one. the only thing I can think of is that when I entered the height I did so in such a way as to make the width the same on both ends. The last time I changed it so that the width was slightly larger at the mouth. Perhaps the width was smaller for the mouth so as to create an error but not small enough to show when the numbers were rounded to significant digits. I guess you would know if this would cause an error, but I got it to work anyway. I guess that's what matters. Thanks again for the great program.
Old 28th March 2009, 10:54 AM   #436
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Perhaps the width was smaller for the mouth so as to create an error but not small enough to show when the numbers were rounded to significant digits.
Hi brsanko,

It is okay in Hornresp for the mouth cross-sectional width to be less than the throat cross-sectional width. Sorry, but I have no idea what might be causing the problem. To my knowledge, no one else has experienced a similar error.

Kind regards,

David
Old 28th March 2009, 03:56 PM   #437
brsanko is offline brsanko  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to brsanko
Well I always seem to get around it. Probably just something wrong with my computer thanks for the help. BTW I just want to ask what your stand is on people using your software for comercial purposes. I mentioned on another thread that I might try to sell some of my designs and a few people got all bent out of shape. So I just want to make sure I wouldn't be violating any user agreements or anything if I did.
Old 29th March 2009, 10:47 AM   #438
diyAudio Member

Quote:
BTW I just want to ask what your stand is on people using your software for comercial purposes.
Hi brsanko,

Not a problem, but thanks for asking :-). A number of speaker manufacturers use Hornresp - the largest one that I am aware of is the P.Audio System Company of Thailand.

Kind regards,

David
Old 30th March 2009, 05:47 AM   #439
diyAudio Member

Default Re: scroll bar values

Quote:
Originally posted by tb46
I just updated to V2110-090327, and everything I have tried sofar seems to work well.
Hi Oliver,

Just letting you know that I have made yet another small change to the Tapped Horn Wizard :-).

I was not entirely happy with the way that the sliders worked after the recent update to overcome the rounding problem. For example - the Eg scroll bar default setting of 2.83 would decrease to 2.70 rather than to the closest rounded number of 2.80 when the "<" button on the left-hand side of the scroll bar was clicked. This has been corrected in Product Number 2110-090330.

It is only a minor refinement I know, but I want the operation of Hornresp to be as perfect as possible :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 30th March 2009, 06:00 AM   #440
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm wondering why, when I go to export the numbers for designing the horn I keep getting an error saying "name cannot contain" and saves a blank text file.
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem to brsanko?

If so, I would appreciate any feedback that may help me to identify what might be causing the error. Many thanks.

Kind regards,

David

Hide this!Advertise here!