Hornresp

Hi StainlessSteve,

Thanks for the information. It doesn't matter as far as the bug you reported is concerned :).

Just to clarify, the bug is not related in any way to the operating anomalies fixed in the most recent update - it is a completely separate issue.

Kind regards,

David

So is maximum SPL group delay and/or phase and/or spectrogram and/or impulse response right or wrong?

So is maximum SPL group delay and/or phase and/or spectrogram and/or impulse response right or wrong?

Hi StainlessSteve,

Sorry, I did not understand that "(accurate?)" in your original post meant that you were also asking a question, not just reporting that the results were different :).

The maximum SPL phase response, group delay, impulse response and spectrogram results are currently wrong. They should be the same as those generated when the Maximum SPL tool is not used.

In effect the Maximum SPL tool applies a frequency-dependent variable input voltage to generate the specified performance envelope. Simply changing the value of the input voltage should not affect the phase shift through the (linear) loudspeaker system.

In other words, your "non maximum SPL" results are the correct ones. They also apply to the Maximum SPL tool.

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 4240-180128

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

Hornresp now recognises the Boxplan Le1 lossy inductance flag.

Post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...rns-pipes-concepts-builds-77.html#post5315573 refers.

BUG FIX

Phase response, group delay, impulse response and spectrogram results no longer change when the Maximum SPL tool is used.

My thanks to StainlessSteve for identifying this bug.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Dave. I thought you might also like to know that efficiency isn't affected by any filter wizards.

Hi StainlessSteve,

Thanks for the feedback - in this case, hopefully things are okay :).

By definition, the Hornresp power conversion efficiency chart applies to the loudspeaker or multiple loudspeaker array only (perhaps I should have made this more clear in the Help file). The chart shows the acoustical output power divided by the electrical input power to the loudspeaker(s), expressed as a percentage. This is why it does not change when a filter assembly is included.

Sanity check:

Attachment 1 shows the default record power response chart with resonances masked. At 100 hertz the electrical input power is 0.8131 watts, the acoustical output power is 0.2935 watts and the power conversion efficiency is 36.0958 percent.

Attachment 2 shows the power conversion efficiency chart. At 100 hertz the power conversion efficiency is 36.0958 percent (the same as in Attachment 1).

Attachment 3 shows the driver electrical input power chart. At 100 hertz the electrical input power is 0.8131 watts (the same as in Attachment 1).

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hi Dan,

What version were you at back then David?

Hornresp didn't really have a version number back then. There was only one user (me) and I just altered the code when I needed to - I never kept track of the changes :).

I've archived upwards of 200 releases since I started squirreling them away in 2013.

I don't keep a record of all releases (only those that result in a version number change) but figured that the total must be pretty high by now. 200 in 4 years is just crazy though - I need to get a life! I hate to think how many hours I must have spent working on the program. I just got another shock when I checked to see that I have posted 2,723 messages to this thread alone, so far :).

Incidentally, you really should get around to deleting all your old archived releases. I hold none myself, just the current version.

Kind regards,

David

I don't keep a record of all releases (only those that result in a version number change) but figured that the total must be pretty high by now. 200 in 4 years is just crazy though - I need to get a life! I hate to think how many hours I must have spent working on the program. I just got another shock when I checked to see that I have posted 2,723 messages to this thread alone, so far :).

I for one appreciate the time spent on this thread and on your program.

You have the gratitude of quite a few like minded people.

Not such a bad way to spend your time if you ask me!