Hornresp

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    55 KB · Views: 190
Unbelievable, the things that Hornresp users get up to.

Continuing with this glorious tradition, any tips on how to model a split horn - same driver, 2 or more horns?

Say, a single driver for 2 horns (or n, if you prefer). Sd gets halved; Vas gets halved. Anything else, given that the other half of the driver is loaded by an identical horn?

Any support for horn arrays?

My dear friends, how to simulate the closed box with the driver offset, or closed transmission line with offset?

Hi mV8,

The arrangement shown below should get you reasonably close.

Use the Loudspeaker Wizard if you want to add absorbent filling material, and only consider the direct radiator output.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 187
Hi SamAnytime,

any tips on how to model a split horn - same driver, 2 or more horns?

If you have two identical horns, simply specify a single horn with double the cross-sectional areas and chamber volumes of one of the horns, keeping axial lengths the same.

Any support for horn arrays?

Use the Multiple Speakers tool to specify the desired array.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 180
Hi, Dear Mr. David McBean. Thank you, for the miracle program Hornresp ;)
I would like to learn, how to accurately calculate the Tapped Horn in the car, this will be my third horn, and the first tapped horn.

1)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2)

I want to calculate the same:

Settings:

Scheme:

1 - I need this way
2 - Scheme hornresp
3 - So Horn scheme looks sketchup.
4 - Hornresp draws this
5 - I need this way

How to correctly calculate? Thanks in advance for your reply!
P.S My English is very bad :)

I would like to learn, how to accurately calculate the Tapped Horn in the car, this will be my third horn, and the first tapped horn.

Hi Cubana,

The tapped horn model you are using looks fine to me. To gain a bit more flexibility in specifying the expansion profile near the horn mouth you could perhaps use four segments rather than three, with the second tap point at S4, but that is about the only change I would consider making.

Kind regards,

David

EDIT - The throat chamber seems a bit short when compared against your drawing. If Vtc = 20000 and Atc = 1000 then the length of the chamber is only 20 cm when the horn segment alongside is 228 cm. Did you mean Vtc to be 200000 perhaps?

Last edited:
Hi SamAnytime,

The best that you can do with Hornresp is to the extend the technique used to model two identical horns connected to a single driver, to the number of horns in the array. In other words, specify a single large "composite" horn.

Kind regards,

David
The whole idea of using an array (for me at least) is to overcome the upper frequency limit while retaining the bass. Kind of hard to investigate that if you are going to treat the array as a single horn.