Hornresp - Page 350 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2013, 02:45 PM   #3491
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The box is now ready, I have just 0.5 cm longer, your hornresp calculation looks al right if it works, (with mouse curser and without enter key.).

I did work 17 hours on it.

Collaborative Tapped horn project

regards

kees

Last edited by kees52; 18th May 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 19th May 2013, 06:28 AM   #3492
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Update 3220-130519

Hi Everyone,

The Uni width flare option should now work correctly for all height and width input values.

My thanks to Kees for bringing the problem to my attention.

Kind regards,

David
Old 19th May 2013, 01:07 PM   #3493
diyAudio Member

Hi David

I get still some differenties, but these are small and not have impact on calculated flare.

The height is not exact 33 : 2 = 16.500 but 16.5045 for example, when export with only use of mouse the it is exact 16.500 for the whole S1, S2, S3.

The conus volume, do you now how to implement that in the design of a horn, do I take that calculated volume away from the throat total volume like people here mention, is the volume calculator in cc or 2cm, I get for a 12 inch woofer 2319.25 2cm is this not very big?

regards

kees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_01 May. 19 13.28.jpg (229.8 KB, 124 views)
Old 20th May 2013, 07:16 AM   #3494
diyAudio Member

Hi Kees,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees52 View Post
I get still some differenties, but these are small and not have impact on calculated flare.
The height is not exact 33 : 2 = 16.500 but 16.5045 for example, when export with only use of mouse the it is exact 16.500 for the whole S1, S2, S3.
This is very strange indeed. Do you still see the difference when you change your decimal separator symbol from a period (.) to a comma (,) using the Windows regional settings tool?

Quote:
The conus volume, do you now how to implement that in the design of a horn, do I take that calculated volume away from the throat total volume like people here mention,
Assuming that the Vtc value required in the simulation is 5000 cc, and that the volume in front of the driver cone calculated using the Driver Front Volume tool is 2319.25 cc, then the size of the actual physical throat chamber in your constructed loudspeaker should be 5000 - 2319.25 = 2680.75 cc.

Quote:
is the volume calculator in cc or 2cm,
As shown on the tool, the driver front volume is given in cubic centimetres (cc) - see attached screenprint. Not sure what you mean by 2cm - units of square centimetres (cm2) apply to area, not volume.

Quote:
I get for a 12 inch woofer 2319.25 2cm is this not very big?
The value sounds about right to me - a little under two and a half litres. A volume of 2319.25 cc can be visualised as a cube having a side length of 13.24 cm.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Volume.png (36.9 KB, 110 views)
Old 20th May 2013, 11:25 AM   #3495
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post

As shown on the tool, the driver front volume is given in cubic centimetres (cc) - see attached screenprint. Not sure what you mean by 2cm - units of square centimetres (cm2) apply to area, not volume.

David

Hi David

in quote, I have find out what it means, so I feel some stupid, tja I am a amplifier designer and not loudspeaker boxes, that is quite new for me, plan is a tapped horn together with a fostex
70 hz horn one tapped horn in a corner has almost 100 dB and so one needed and two fostex horns, the fostex I go also do with hornresp and so I have all made myself...

I have done the decimal, now it is oke, put my pc on netherlands, the decimal was already a comma, but other things are not right, fixed.

Last question about the conus correction, I have now everything in my head, except where to get volume correction in S1 only or both S1 and S2?

I think I have to take away volume only in S1, that is only throat, then now I have learn everything to use hornresp as a prof.

thanks for everything.

kees

Last edited by kees52; 20th May 2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 20th May 2013, 12:45 PM   #3496
diyAudio Member

Hi David

here the plots with some kind of corrections of conus volume, but there is not much change with it, so I have not bother longer about that, I have just correct the box give S1 3 liter less volume like you did mention.

learning curve ended.

regards

kees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tests-tappedhorn.jpg (393.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 20th May 2013, 02:21 PM   #3497
Kolbrek is offline Kolbrek  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Last question about the conus correction, I have now everything in my head, except where to get volume correction in S1 only or both S1 and S2?
S1 and S2 are the end areas of the the first horn segment, not volumes. The volume in front of the driver is specified by Vtc.

-Bjørn
Old 20th May 2013, 04:31 PM   #3498
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrek View Post
S1 and S2 are the end areas of the the first horn segment, not volumes. The volume in front of the driver is specified by Vtc.

-Bjørn
Sometimes I get confused by volume, cm2, square, and so you are right, if I use VTC there do happen nothing different when simulating also dimensions do not change also, I have just do S1 minus 3 liter of the woofer conus, but then there is no differenties, if i keep without conus correction nothing to see, so I keep it that way.

I have correct the box, like David have explaine to me.

box is ready for the build, also the T-TQWT who is also ready, now I can test it to tickle te nabures and compare the two boxes.

regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tapped hoorn.jpg (200.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg T_TQWT-infinity.jpg (170.4 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by kees52; 20th May 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 21st May 2013, 07:44 AM   #3499
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have done the decimal, now it is oke, put my pc on netherlands, the decimal was already a comma, but other things are not right, fixed.
Problem now solved, it would seem :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 21st May 2013, 11:31 AM   #3500
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Problem now solved, it would seem :-).

Kind regards,

David
Yes everything, thanks to you, and I have a last question, maybe it is a very good idea to let hornresp calculate the speaker conus and bach housing volume in the total hornexport, Now I have to calculate the woofer metal basket and magnet volume and bracing, then you have the most advance hornresp ever.

However that 10 liter differents in volume of the horn total volume don,t give a big change in output, better say, it is minimal, or I can not see it in sim.

regards

kees

Hide this!Advertise here!