Hornresp

Hi CUTTING EDGE CNC,

Can I just check that the graphs generated by pressing calculate in the data input window do not take account of any of the filling used in the t/l wizard?

Correct.

If this is the case are the wizard graphs a more realistic response for a MLTL?

Yes (if absorbent filling material is used in the loudspeaker).

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 4030-170117

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

Previously in the Filter Wizard tool, when the green equaliser frequency marker was visible and the chart frequency range was changed, the frequency marker would become invisible even if the equaliser frequency was still in the newly-displayed range. The frequency marker now remains visible when the equaliser frequency is in the newly-displayed range, as shown in Attachments 1 and 2.

BUG FIX

It seems that the second bug described in Post #5308 (Hornresp Update 3700-150309) was not completely fixed. Certain sequences of keystrokes could still result in values entered into text boxes on the Input Parameters form being incorrectly formatted - see attached example in Attachment 3. Hopefully the input data formatting problem is now (finally) fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    57 KB · Views: 136
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    53 KB · Views: 134
So dear David :santa:, again, i pray for a little tweak ^^
Since calculated result does not compute filling, but only calculated gives delay/impulse :
Could a saved "current results captured" from the wizard (with filling), be screened on the filter wizard of calculated result ?
I want to tweak the calculated response with active eq to get more or less same response as filled cabinet to see delay and impulse.
Thanks ! :)

Oooh, I found a bug.

Here's how to reproduce it - in the "Enter Parameters" window, double-click on the input box for "Sd". This should bring up the "Driver Parameters" dialog box. Enter a new value for "Sd" WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING ELSE, and then select "Ok" to close the dialog box. Now, re-open the "Driver Parameters" dialog box by double-clicking on the input box for "Sd" again. You'll note that some of the t/s parameters (Fs, Qes, Qms, Vas) have now changed.

Oooh, I found a bug.

Here's how to reproduce it - in the "Enter Parameters" window, double-click on the input box for "Sd". This should bring up the "Driver Parameters" dialog box. Enter a new value for "Sd" WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING ELSE, and then select "Ok" to close the dialog box. Now, re-open the "Driver Parameters" dialog box by double-clicking on the input box for "Sd" again. You'll note that some of the t/s parameters (Fs, Qes, Qms, Vas) have now changed.

Try entering a value for Cms from the input parameters screen. It will ask you if your value for Sd is correct. The implication is that certain calculated parameters depend Sd and change when it is changed.

Try entering a value for Cms from the input parameters screen. It will ask you if your value for Sd is correct. The implication is that certain calculated parameters depend Sd and change when it is changed.

Certainly. However, if changing Sd is going to end up changing the other parameters AFTER the "Driver Parameters" dialog box showing the value of those parameters is closed, this could be misleading. Either the other parameters should be updated immediately in the dialog box or perhaps the value for Sd should be left as unchangeable in the "Driver Parameters" dialog box (i.e. it can only be changed in the main "Input Parameters" window).

Could a saved "current results captured" from the wizard (with filling), be screened on the filter wizard of calculated result ?

Hi papasteack,

Sorry, things are complicated enough already. It's not going to happen :).

I usually just take screenprints and temporarily paste them into a blank Word document when I want to compare results generated by different parts of Hornresp. It can be done very quickly, and an added bonus is that the screenprints can be readily re-scaled in the Word environment to enable very precise comparisons to be made, if so desired.

Kind regards,

David

I just figured out how you implemented an easy to input wizard like setting in the help section. Great to use for someone that is not accustomed to working with Hornresp. And a short cut for me for some of the less used forms of enclosures.

Hi Mark,

Pleased to hear that you are putting the Input Wizard to good use :).

I also find it a very handy "short cut" for generating the more complex configurations (e.g. the multiple entry horn).

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 4030-170118

Hi Everyone,

BUG FIX

The bug reported by Brian in Post #6989 has now been fixed.

Note that very slight changes in some of the Thiele-Small parameter values may still occur when switching back and forth between the Input Parameters form and the Driver Parameters form, due to values being rounded to two decimal places each time that they are calculated.

Kind regards,

David