Hornresp - Page 264 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2012, 01:34 AM   #2631
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Got it....

GM
Old 28th February 2012, 06:16 PM   #2632
diyAudio Member

Hi,
first, thanks for your great job !
I have two questions

1) I am still little confused with my offset horn, with two drivers and throath chamber, I am not sure about volumes, so I make little example. Please tell me if it is correct. I am not sure if I have two paraller speakers in two rear chambers, if I put volume of just one, or two chambers, etc with Vtc, Atc...

2) To the volume Vtc I have to include a volume of Cone, or hornresp count with this volume automaticly ?

thank you very much !

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:23 AM   #2633
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendapon View Post

1) I am still little confused with my offset horn, with two drivers and throath chamber, I am not sure about volumes, so I make little example. Please tell me if it is correct. I am not sure if I have two paraller speakers in two rear chambers, if I put volume of just one, or two chambers, etc with Vtc, Atc...

2) To the volume Vtc I have to include a volume of Cone, or hornresp count with this volume automaticly ?
Hi Pendapon,

1. Hornresp assumes that the two drivers share a single rear chamber and ported throat chamber as specified by Vrc, Lrc, Vtc, Atc, Ap1 and Lpt. For your example, set Vrc = Vrc1 + Vrc2, Vtc = Vtc1 + Vtc2, etc.

2. Vtc needs to include the front 'cone volume' of the two drivers. Hornresp cannot calculate this value automatically as the geometry of the diaphragm is unknown.

Kind regards,

David
Old 5th March 2012, 01:33 AM   #2634
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi David,

In the example above, I'd assume that the separate volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) should be added together to form a single AP1; but that Lpt(1) and Lpt(2) still result in just the same value of either of them for the correct Lpt(total)=Lpt(1)=Lpt(2) to use? Do I have that correct?

Thanks
Bill
Old 5th March 2012, 05:47 AM   #2635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
In the example above, I'd assume that the separate volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) should be added together to form a single AP1; but that Lpt(1) and Lpt(2) still result in just the same value of either of them for the correct Lpt(total)=Lpt(1)=Lpt(2) to use? Do I have that correct?
Hi Bill,

You are correct - assuming that you really mean areas rather than volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) :-).

Just to clarify for the given example - chamber volumes and areas are doubled, lengths remain the same.

This will result in the following input parameter values:

Vrc = 40 litres
Lrc = 23 cm

Ap1 = 1000 sq cm
Lpt = 13 cm

(Volume Ap1 x Lpt doubled from 6500 cc to 13000 cc)

Vtc = 12000 cc
Atc = 1800 sq cm

(Ltc remains unchanged at 6.67 cm)

Kind regards,

David
Old 5th March 2012, 11:56 AM   #2636
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi Bill,

You are correct - assuming that you really mean areas rather than volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) :-).

Just to clarify for the given example - chamber volumes and areas are doubled, lengths remain the same.

This will result in the following input parameter values:

Vrc = 40 litres
Lrc = 23 cm

Ap1 = 1000 sq cm
Lpt = 13 cm

(Volume Ap1 x Lpt doubled from 6500 cc to 13000 cc)

Vtc = 12000 cc
Atc = 1800 sq cm

(Ltc remains unchanged at 6.67 cm)

Kind regards,

David

Thanks David.
And, right, area not volume.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:43 AM   #2637
diyAudio Member

Hi David, all....
I just restarted my computer after a windows update and all of my Hornresp records are gone!
Please tell me im doing something wrong and that three years of simulation is somewhere!

Dag
Old 17th March 2012, 10:52 AM   #2638
diyAudio Member

Use system restore from Windows Help and Support or use rstrui from the command line or use F8 at start up to go to Safe Mode option where again you will find a choice between system restore and safe mode. You can use system restore to go back to a previous installation of Windows.

Prior to this step, use some third party software for recovery of data and you may find the lost data.

All the best!
Old 17th March 2012, 11:12 AM   #2639
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Johansen View Post
I just restarted my computer after a windows update and all of my Hornresp records are gone!
Hi Dag,

Hornresp records are stored in the Hornresp.dat data file. The data file is automatically saved to the same folder as the Hornresp.exe application file. The recommended location for the two files is the C:\Hornresp folder, but the user can choose a different location if so desired.

Try using Windows Explorer to search for your Hornresp.dat data file - I would be most surprised if it has been deleted as part of the Windows update.

Kind regards,

David
Old 17th March 2012, 12:02 PM   #2640
diyAudio Member

Thanks for input guys, i have now tried it all, but to no result!
All i can find is an older dat-file containing thirtysomething records, the 140+ records i need is gone!
Depressing!

Dag

Hide this!Advertise here!