Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2011, 10:42 AM   #2461
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Andrew,
That's correct on the parameters, and Le makes a difference so no guessing allowed.
Added mass can be accurate as long as you have good methodology, you need to shift Fs at least 25% as a rule of thumb.
Old 20th November 2011, 03:19 PM   #2462
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi Chucky,

So far so good - what happens though, when you calculate the results for default record number 1, and then select Tools > Impulse > Spectrogram from the SPL Response window? Do you get a fatal error, by any chance? The correct result should look like the attachment below.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David,

Yes I do get a fatal error - subscript out of range, runtime error 9

This happens on all calculations with impulse spectrogram.

Best regards,

Chucky
Old 21st November 2011, 05:48 AM   #2463
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky12 View Post
Yes I do get a fatal error - subscript out of range, runtime error 9
This happens on all calculations with impulse spectrogram.
Hi Chucky,

Many thanks - that is excellent news :-).

Based on your very valuable feedback I think I may have finally worked out why some users can have problems with Hornresp, while others do not - it is something that has had me puzzled for quite some time.

I have started modifying the program to overcome the problem. I will let you know when the update is released, but in the meantime if you would like Hornresp to operate as intended, it will be necessary for you to change your display DPI setting from Large size to Normal size.

To change the display DPI setting:

1. Open the Display applet by double-clicking on the Display icon in the Windows Control Panel
2. Select Settings > Advanced > DPI setting: > Normal size (96 dpi)
3. Apply and save the system settings change

If you now find that everything appears to be too small, you might wish to reduce your screen resolution accordingly - for example, change from 1920 x 1080 pixels to 1280 x 720 pixels.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

David

Last edited by David McBean; 21st November 2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:43 AM   #2464
Kolbrek is offline Kolbrek  Norway
diyAudio Member

I have updated HornespMerge to also accept the latest hornresp record format. It can be found at my (new) homepage. Latest version is 1.6. The program can partly convert between versions, but the conversion is mainly to make the record readable for a particlular version of Hornresp, not necessarily to accurately convert the record data.

As always, please report any bugs.

Regards,
Bjørn
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:52 AM   #2465
diyAudio Member

Thanks Bjørn

Your program has saved me a great deal of problems more than once.
Old 23rd November 2011, 03:32 AM   #2466
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Update

Hi Everyone,

Hornresp now works correctly for both Normal size and Large size display DPI settings. Product Number 2880-111123 refers. My thanks to Chucky for reporting the problem.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd November 2011, 05:19 AM   #2467
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrek View Post
I have updated HornespMerge to also accept the latest hornresp record format.
Thanks Bjørn.

Kind regards,

David
Old 12th December 2011, 11:38 PM   #2468
diyAudio Member

Ok request is a coming.

The LeCleach options are great. I have been playing with them ever since you changed things around.

I have noticed that there are curve options for exponential horns in the wizard now. Nice!

So for the big ask.

LeCleach????

I realize that the T factor is not an easy input. BUt you already do a secondary screen for the rear chamber in normal horns and the tapped horns and the 4 section horns.

Really trying to sell this one....

Cuz if it was as easy to play around with the LeCleach horn's as it is with the other styles. LeCleach profile rules the roost in some applications.

Humble requested and poorly sold by:
Old 13th December 2011, 05:54 AM   #2469
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
LeCleach????
Of necessity, the Loudspeaker Wizard is restricted to working with plane wavefront models. Calculation times associated with generating isophase model results are just too great for the tool to update correctly - the sliders simply "freeze". Le Cléac'h horns are analysed using an isophase model, which is why the Wizard cannot be applied to this horn type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
I have noticed that there are curve options for exponential horns in the wizard now.
The Wizard can be used with multiple-segment exponential horns but not with single-segment ones. This is because multiple-segment horns are analysed using plane wavefront models, whereas single-segment exponential horns are analysed using either a plane wavefront model or an isophase wavefront model, depending upon the horn mouth size.

Kind regards,

David
Old 14th December 2011, 02:41 AM   #2470
diyAudio Member

Ok I buy the not working in real time.

My long in the tooth computer will spit out a LeCleach calculation in about 3 seconds.

I for one would be willing to have a pause between movements on a slider.

As with all horns a balance on the physical parameters is what makes them great.

I keep plugging in new numbers in the main input screen and waiting for the calculations.

I'm a patient dude. I was programing old Z80 microprocessors back when I had hair in Turbo Pascal. Things were a lot slower back then. We just lived with it.

Just demonstrating that one, I wish it could happen. And two, if it is slow and it still will function I for one humble think it will be a worthwhile addition to the program.

I'm getting tons of use out of the particle velocity numbers and I am almost ready to play and post some real life test results with a fancy anemometer.

Hide this!Advertise here!