Hornresp

i was just wondering if you could help me with a few things to get me started on designing rear loaded horns (scoops) ?

Hi KR1Sounds,

I can assist if you want to know how to specify a back-loaded horn in Hornresp, but unfortunately I would not be of much help in designing an actual system.

I have no practical experience in such matters - there are others far better qualified than me who can help out there :).

Perhaps you could search the diyAudio forums for the keyword 'scoops' and ask for assistance on an existing appropriate thread, or start a new one for yourself?

Kind regards,

David

"BHP" Model

seen those already im building 8 loaded with void v18 1000s

i just want to experiment on hornresp.
i also want to experiment with bph kicks but i dont know where to start

Here is a starting point for you.
I am sure David can help you with model implementation.

Regards,

WHG

Attachments

• Olson-AEp237-238.pdf
    222.6 KB · Views: 58
  • ASAJ008-0048.pdf
    318.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
One for the wishlist - the ability to import a "transfer function" for the frequency response - useful for modelling what the measured results would actually be like in a location where the transfer function has been measured.

Hi Brian,

Do you have an example of a transfer function data file that I could use as a test import file, to enable me to investigate the feasibility of implementing the proposed feature in Hornresp? Thanks.

Kind regards,

David

One for the wishlist - the ability to import a "transfer function" for the frequency response - useful for modelling what the measured results would actually be like in a location where the transfer function has been measured.

You mean you are looking to be able to incorporate a room gain curve for a home or an automobile.

Interesting.

Might be doable if it were in an FRD format.

Still around. Still

Hi David.

I'm working in China for the last month. And I'm still here.

Making a boat load of drivers:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And this little one:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A few more are in the oven.

Fun and games.

And everyone I talk to I tell them about this awesome program I use daily.

They can't believe that it is free!

I bet you can't guess which program I'm talking about!

Firefox?

:)

Just kidding :)

Oh, this looks fun. Are you designing the speakers? Hm, I am jealious :)

About SPL Curves:

There are several formats out there, mostly derived from the simoulation-programms that around for years/deaceds... The most common one would be a simple textfile like this (first is Hz, second is SPL, third is acoustical Phase, Imp., elect. Phase..)

10;0;180;4;180
20;1;179;4;180
30;4;170;4.1;160

etc...

I used to work with such files on LSPCad, etc.. I am not at the office right know, I could check later on what Syntax would be most common.

The SPL Formats (file ending SPL) which are around, too, are not really readable with a texteditor. If hornresp yould deal with ASCII Text Files, simple Converters for odd formated Files can be built with Excel, etc....

One Tricky thing could be that not every software uses the same step-with from freuqnuncy to frequgency. There is no fixed "matrix".. Some start at 10Hz, some at 1 Hz, some..... Some do 50 samples from 1 to 20.000, some 64, some don´t care and take everything...

Imp. and elc. phase could be ommited, but on the other side.. In order to align a built ported enclosure to the siumulation, this would be much more accurate than the SPL Curve.

Like working in the far North of Scotland.

"Tomorrow will do" seems to spring to mind.

Yep.

Everything takes a month.

And I have been here since August 16th. So I can definitley tell you everything takes a month. Or more!

I was supposed to be dialing in a new Anechoic chamber here. Not ready yet. I have AMT prototypes to complete. Same thing.

The other drivers are in various stages of ready.

The only thing that went flawlessly was the production run of tweeters.

I put up a bunch of pics and videos for that:

KAXBLTWT TWEETER Photos by mwmkravchenko | Photobucket

Has kept a few people watching.