Hornresp

Is that telling us that a simple vented box is simulated as a compound horn (CH)?

Is this the only way to sim a simple vented box?

Simple vented box is one that does not have the tapers added to the vent tube.
The "usual" way would be like in the help file mentioned:
Direct Radiator in a Vented-Box Enclosure
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Select the 'Rear Vented' option from the Chamber tool and set S1 to L45 = 0
and Vrc, Lrc, Ap and Lpt > 0.

By default, only the direct radiator output is calculated. The Combined
Response tool can be used to determine the port output or the overall
direct radiator plus port output SPL response. An end correction is added
to the Lpt rear chamber port tube length where appropriate.
Of course you can do a backloaded horn and shape the horn like the vent.. This way you can do vents with different Shapes..

So Excel is the answer.

I have tried this. And never end up with a graph that looks like a horn profile.

Please enlighten an Excel moron.

Second question is say that a correct horn profile can be generated as a graph. I know this is possible as I have seen them displayed by Master McBean.

How to take said graph and print it full scale to create a profile I can make a horn with?

I have a few drafting programs, all open source.

Sad to say where my limitations are, but don't ask, don't get!

I have measure the hornresp advised filling in the subwoofer box and get this outcome.

I think it looks very good, it have afcourse some room modes, I did post this also on bjorno place but have not answer yet.

Strange is that I have to put the isobaric subwoofer out of phase to get it right, when in fase I get a big fase error see last photo, I did see that the 24dB low pass do this, maybe the coils? who I made myselfs.

David, thanks for your answer about the fillings, it will be very nice if i can simulate with crossovers and the filling to get a complete picture.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_72 Feb. 06 18.52.jpg
    ScreenHunter_72 Feb. 06 18.52.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 18-200 hz in fase 24dB.jpg
    18-200 hz in fase 24dB.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 144
I'm not sure this can be sim'd any other way in HornResp.

Hi Brian,

The design can also be modelled as a conventional 3-segment horn-loaded vented-box enclosure (albeit with a very large rear port tube cross-sectional area Ap). The combined response results should be identical to those generated by your compound horn model.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited: