Hornresp

I am looking at the possibility of allowing the user to save the parameter values for a given passive filter to a stand-alone file, which can then be retrieved as required. The feature would not apply to active filters, or to the Le Cléac’h option. Each passive filter design would have a separate file.

I am now investigating the practicality of also including parameter values for active filters and the Le Cléac’h option.

Hi David

Thanks for the explaining, I have now correct the subwoofer damping and have a lot more low end, it sounds mucho better also, I can go from 18 to 110 Hz without colouring.

I have removed 1.2 kilo damping, and let 270 grams in it, as hornresp advised.

regards

Hi Kees,

It's very hard to follow your work...Can you post the HR input Screen for Your picture: ScreenHunter_46 Feb. 02 19.36.JPG and if you also can post a picture of the 270 g Damping material when it is mounted in your box.
Whe I looked at your pile of remowed fill it looks like a Rat nest:eek:: Picture DSCN1319.JPG

b:)

Hi Bjorno

Long time not see? oke, here are the post of the hornresp things.

The T-TQWT has a isobaric speaker put in, these visatons have big vas.

I do now now when I have a explosion on a movie, feel the keyboard of the pc shakes when I type on it that time, it is not as loud as a tapped horn but the bass is very clean and no booming things. The [peak on 100 hz wil not go completely away acept when heavy damping couse a loss in low end, the crossover however can help when choose the proper place to go over like 80 hz.

I am a little messy with things, and so sometimes difficult to follow, and afcourse mt sensitivity to a 6.5 watts wifi mast the nabure has, keeping me out of good sleep.

But now I go way offtopic.

see pictures of the hornresp input and test, gray are the damping, I have no picture of the damping in the box, because then i have to open it again, I have put it on two places.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_50 Feb. 04 18.48.jpg
    ScreenHunter_50 Feb. 04 18.48.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 142
  • ScreenHunter_51 Feb. 04 18.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_51 Feb. 04 18.58.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 150
  • ScreenHunter_53 Feb. 04 19.24.jpg
    ScreenHunter_53 Feb. 04 19.24.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Actually, that's a TQWP or TQWT...straight tapped pipe or tube. There is no negative taper for the "T-".

Yes that is right, this did good on visaton, the big vas is a problem and so it is isobaric system, it do very well, fior 10 inch it go shaking deep.

But do we go a little offtopic?

Attachments

• visaton pipe1.jpg
    visaton pipe1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 134
  • ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 25 22.23.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 25 22.23.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hi Bjorno

Long time not see? oke, here are the post of the hornresp things.

The T-TQWT has a isobaric speaker put in, these visatons have big vas.

I do now now when I have a explosion on a movie, feel the keyboard of the pc shakes when I type on it that time, it is not as loud as a tapped horn but the bass is very clean and no booming things. The [peak on 100 hz wil not go completely away acept when heavy damping couse a loss in low end, the crossover however can help when choose the proper place to go over like 80 hz.

I am a little messy with things, and so sometimes difficult to follow, and afcourse mt sensitivity to a 6.5 watts wifi mast the nabure has, keeping me out of good sleep.

But now I go way offtopic.

see pictures of the hornresp input and test, gray are the damping, I have no picture of the damping in the box, because then i have to open it again, I have put it on two places.

regards

kees

Hi Kees,

Thank you for the pictures but they were not exactly the ones I asked for. You've fiddled with the numbers again.

Have a look at my pictures where the the inconsistency are shown.

As for the stuffing:The numbers are in the ballpark but I suspect you stuffed your box at random. Rayls around 100/m is very thin and loose density that IME takes a lot of time to get right.

What Brand of damping material do you use?

Here is a link showing 'pillow-fill (IKEA):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/249977-another-voigt-pipe-2.html#post3798000

b:)

Attachments

• VisatonWSP26S-8_low-Power-handling_T-QWP-.JPG
    VisatonWSP26S-8_low-Power-handling_T-QWP-.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 197
  • WTFDesign.JPG
    WTFDesign.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 207
The size of the record data should be no problem, in times where we send videofiles per mail (sigh...), a few kb more ore less are not tha "Big a deal" IMHO.

Hi Sabbelbacke,

I take your point regarding present-day file sizes :).

Including all absorbent material and filter parameter values in Hornresp.dat would increase the total size of a 100-record file from 38 KB to 65 KB. This is still very small by today's standards.

Something else for me to think about...

Kind regards,

David

Hi Bjorno

I had some screencaptures messed up, old ones with some new ones etc.

I do look at the respons of hornresp when do filling, why is some then wrong? I have put on your threat the original ibnput of hornresp of the box mentioned, that it is a straigt pipe is because the visatons did make trouble.

I can again try tapered now I can als put damping in thanks to David.

David, when I do damping in the box and save it, then reopen hornresp I get a complete filled box ? I have then to remove and retest the fillings, nice wil be when have the filling right and then a test with the crossover section of hornresp. Fr1 sits on 58.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_57 Feb. 05 16.49.jpg
    ScreenHunter_57 Feb. 05 16.49.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi Brian,

Absorbent filling material can only be specified in the standard segments of offset driver and tapped horns.

(It is also possible to have acoustical lining in rear chambers, of course).

Kind regards,

David

Ok, thanks. I was trying to sim the impact of stuffing in a vented alignment with a flared vent, as per diagrams below.

Attachments

• 20140204-sub-01.jpg
    20140204-sub-01.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20140204-sub-02.jpg
    20140204-sub-02.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20140204-sub-03.jpg
    20140204-sub-03.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74