Hornresp

There was no scurity breach on the server hosting hornresp, everything is fine.

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Thanks for confirming this.

When the problem was first reported I downloaded a few copies of Setup.exe just to check that everything was okay, and that your site had not been compromised in any way.

My Norton Internet Security anti-virus software was quite happy with the downloaded Hornresp files :).

Kind regards,

David

False alarms from virus scanners happen from time to time. They use signature scans and heuristic scans. A signature scan "knows" what a certain virus in a file looks like (because its in a database, the scanner is using), the heuristic scan looks for "certain patterns which "might" be a virus), its trying to guess....

With the latter, you can get false alarms. Like in this case.

@ David McBean

Hi, a couple of things.

I found a nice looking Help program that you "might" be interested in.

Overview of Help Authoring Tools

Help Authoring Tools are used by technical writers (also called technical communicators) and software authors to design, create, publish and maintain help files, manuals and documentations.

Download HelpNDoc now – No trial period, no sign-up, it's Free !

What is an help authoring tool ? | HelpNDoc

The homepage in your Profile is still showing the previous www http://www.hornresp.net.ms that is now unavailable due to the new www

@ Sabbelbacke

I don't have ANY browser cache, i've disabled it in FF for Privacy/Security reasons ;) Works just fine :)

The screenie below shows .ms

Attachments

• dbms.png
    dbms.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 228
Can you add to the program the imposition of the transfer function of the car interior wich may be in TXT or CSV format?

Hi Yauhen,

I would rather not import data into Hornresp because even though the formats might be limited to txt or csv, interpretation problems can still arise depending on how the data fields are structured and ordered in the imported files, and what the imported values actually represent.

Perhaps the Hornresp results could be exported instead, and the car interior transfer function imposed on that data using Excel or similar?

Kind regards,

David

Hello, David.

I tried to do it in Excel, and it was very inconvenient and time consuming, and no easy way to build frequency in a logarithmic scale.
I do not mean to be intrusive, but what if it will a separate window, where user could enter data for transfer function, something like this (see below)? Screenshot taken from another program, but it is just an illustration ideas.
Up to 5 functions, user defined and saved.
I think many car audio enthusiasts will thank you for it.

Best regards,
Yauhen.

Attachments

• spectral_density.png
    spectral_density.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 190
Yauhen, I have a suggestion that might work for you. There are a couple of free excel spreadsheets that might do what you want.

Jeff Bagby has an impressive suite of excel sheets. This is a screenshot of the bottom half of the Diffraction and Boundary Simulator.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That could be used to approximate the car's "room" gain. Then you could export the "spl and phase" from the SPL Response window in Hornresp, delete the first line in the text file and then change the file extension to .frd. Then use Bagby's Response Modeler to combine the Hornresp sim and the "room" gain sim into a .frd file that you can view in Response Modeler, or in Excel without Response Modeler, or your choice of program that will display a .frd file.

The whole process should take about 5 minutes.

Just a guy,
Thanks for the reply, it's interesting.
But imagine that you need to design a quarter-wave subwoofer for vehicle. In this case, you often need make and analyze 10 or more different designs for evening. With transfer function built into Hornresp it will take about 10-20 minutes instead 1-2 hours otherwise.

but what if it will a separate window, where user could enter data for transfer function, something like this (see below)? Screenshot taken from another program, but it is just an illustration ideas.

Hi Yauhen,

It seems that you are suggesting the inclusion of what is in effect, a graphic equaliser.

Sorry, but the existing Filter Wizard is as far as I am prepared to go :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi, David.

I meant that the user could determine up to 5 transfer functions in 1/3-octave intervals.and save them (in separate window), the higher accuracy is not required.
Thus there is no need import data from the outside.

Well, I understand you and I appreciate your time. Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,
Yauhen.

hey guys, quick question. When exporting from the schematic diagram (when one wants to draw their horn out and start folding), my "width" column is represented as width/2. is there a way to stop this? does it have to do with the type of flare I'm using?

I only ask because in the only 2 folding tutorial I can find its NOT like this (I realize that these tutorials were written MANY revisions ago) and I want to know if maybe I'm doing something to have it turn up as width/2

Links to tutorials:

Horn Folding in Sketch-Up
Offset Driver Horn Folding Tutorial Using Sketchup

also, any other decent folding tuts out there?