Hornresp

Yes, in your design, it´s possible. One could:

1 highpass up to 2. order
1 lowpass up to 2. order

or 1 highpass up to 4.order

or 1 lowpass up to 4. order

Notch, HF uprising is not possible, in Jean-Michel´s scheme, it is (but there the lowpass is missing). Combinig both would give more possibility (2 x 4.order filtering plus 2 x Imp EQ, Notch and HF-EQ, allpass alltogether are still not possible, but you have do draw the line somewhere...).

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot 113 Weicheneditor - Verstärker 1.png
    ScreenShot 113 Weicheneditor - Verstärker 1.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 392
Notch, HF uprising is not possible, in Jean-Michel´s scheme, it is (but there the lowpass is missing). Combinig both would give more possibility (2 x 4.order filtering plus 2 x Imp EQ, Notch and HF-EQ, allpass alltogether are still not possible, but you have do draw the line somewhere...).

Hi Sabbelbacke,

I agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere :).

Perhaps the inclusion of Bjørn's suggestion would be a sensible compromise.

Kind regards,

David

Well now that the .ms domain has "expired" David might get the .net or .org through a registrar like namecheap and only pay ~$10 (coupon = TLDSALE) a year since he has hosting already. Or maybe the guy squatting the .com will point that in the right direction, or hand it over since there is nothing going on there.

Not necessarily. The calculations can be almost the same, the active part can simply be fed to a constant impedance instead of the changing one on a real speaker.

How about implenenting a plugin interface at Rg and Re, so every filter one desires can be flunged in there, let´s build some VST Interface, this way David doesn´t have to do the filterstuff himself an we can even implement FIR Filtering (hihi, just playing with my mind, just kidding).
that would suffice.
i tryed bjorno's method but i can get it to work.
the way i do it now is to get aprrox the same excursion curve in winisd(around near fb),and simulate a hpf (and eq) to see if excursion is below the first peak after the first dip.:rolleyes:
edit /to make it clear.
filtersetup.jpg

Last edited: