Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2010, 08:18 PM   #1491
Thawach is offline Thawach  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Hi david n all friends

at about 1978, i was following to saw this thread by david didn't know. i downloaded hornresp v.0.00 until now 28.20 ...waiting fix bugs. ok now i know the bugs are my friend. a few days+a few days i try to use hornresp, i just find to love this software. hornresp make me very Exciting when i press calculate . i love when the blue line is running..Ooh very Exciting when i was waiting the reason. in my mind..bad or good? david i feel very difficult to get the flat respond frequencygang. ok a good program. david now i've a little problem when i try to simulate w-bin. i don't know how to do. david can i add to be one mouth from two.? and another question now i want to build midbass horn likes the pic but my driver does not good. the qts=0.58 i want to know that it has problem when i in stall?

thanks my david friend /
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12th December 2010, 08:22 PM   #1492
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

Getting used to the new slider system. I think it is a good way to do it. Thanks David.

Mark
Old 13th December 2010, 06:15 AM   #1493
diyAudio Member

Hi Thawach,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thawach View Post
can i add to be one mouth from two.?
Yes you can. For the purposes of the simulation assume that the horn is not split into two halves, and just use the total cross-sectional area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thawach View Post
and another question now i want to build midbass horn likes the pic but my driver does not good. the qts=0.58 i want to know that it has problem when i in stall?
If the simulation result is not to your liking, then it may be that your driver is not suitable for use in the proposed midbass design.

Kind regards,

David
Old 13th December 2010, 06:47 AM   #1494
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
Getting used to the new slider system. I think it is a good way to do it.
Thanks Mark. Personally, I find the new Spacebar increment adjustment feature to be quite a useful addition. I was hoping to hear back from David_Web at some stage. I would like to know if the revised slider operation now meets his needs also.

Kind regards,

David
Old 13th December 2010, 11:06 AM   #1495
diyAudio Member

The sensitivity change using space bar is neat. Especially when working on large horns.
I like the sliders to be auto ranging "the old way". I have been using the slider directly by clicking and dragging it to where I want it. Now there is too little precision to do that to any larger extent than to get a good initial shape. To refine the response I then clicked on ether side of the slider to fine tune. Now, especially in the left side there is too little room and you have to use the arrow button at times.
"sliders jumping around" was probably the best of both worlds. (IMHO)
I have not tested it enough yet to determine if it is better or worse than looping sliders.
Ill look into it.

I have been thinking. Instead of a slider (which will always have problem with ether precision or range) you could use a "sticky slider" that is changed by dragging the mouse up and down (while the pointer is kept in the same place). Ctrl and Alt could be used to ether step sown to changing 1 from the default 10. Or up to 100.
VVVV uses this to change the value of nodes which I find quite easy to use.
It would leave more place for other UI elements as well.

Also, is there a way for the wizard to remember is S2 and S4 was set to auto or manual so you don't have to change it all the time?

I made a quick patch for VVVV to read exported data from hornresp. I have not looked into adding active crossovers as I'm not familiar with the math required but it should not be too hard to do I think.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:46 AM   #1496
diyAudio Member

I don't know if I would call this a bug or not.

I try to tweek horns in the wizard by referencing my changes against the baseline simulation. When I press the space bar to do the fine adjustments of the horn sections I loose the baseline gray SPL plot. When I press the show baseline box and get a check mark I get the baseline from the change I just did.

Rather frustrating because now I have to remember what was done before and hope I have something better rather than knowing for sure I have something better!

I use the wizard to see how much I can shave off of horn designs in terms of volume lost due to tweeking each sections volume and expansion rate. Everyone wants the smallest horn of course.

Mark
Old 13th December 2010, 07:33 PM   #1497
Thawach is offline Thawach  Thailand
diyAudio Member

thank u David for the answer. about this albert or newton never told me before. david if i have the problem i'll ask the question again/
Old 14th December 2010, 12:07 AM   #1498
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Product Number 2820-101208

Hi mwmkravchenko,

I can't duplicate the baseline behaviour you are pointing out in Post #1496. For me, the gray line seems to just stay where it was when I first entered the wizard. Product Number 2820-101208. What am I missing this time :-).

Hi David,

I like the overall changes, particularly that I can turn the Auto feature on and off. I agree with David_Web, that there is too little room on the left side of the slider, forcing the use of the arrow buttons.

Haven't found bugs yet, but I' still looking.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Old 14th December 2010, 12:16 AM   #1499
diyAudio Member

Product #212

And I can't make it happen again either!

Heck if I know.

Maybe something screwie with my Puter.

You know I hates Puters!

Like em when they work otherwise I hates Puters!

Mark
Old 14th December 2010, 01:53 PM   #1500
Xoc1 is offline Xoc1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Gentlemen
Simple question?
When adding an inductor to a tapped horn sim, should I add the resistance of the inductor to the Re value, in the same way that I add the inductance to the Le?
Thanks in advance
Martin

Hide this!Advertise here!