Hornresp

Will it be possible to display phase impedance in the "electric impedance" window? I know Hornresp export impedance and phase impedance, but it doesn't display it.

Hi sebDIY,

I have no plans to include a chart in Hornresp showing electrical impedance phase. As you say - the information can be readily exported if required.

Kind regards,

David

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Anyone else having trouble downloading 29.2?
Norton Internet Security keeps removing the file after the startup screen with a message about suspicious activity. I've downloaded the file again but the problem persists.
Don't believe for a moment that activity is suspicious so could be that the file is very new and not yet recognised by Norton.
Tom

Norton Internet Security keeps removing the file after the startup screen with a message about suspicious activity. I've downloaded the file again but the problem persists.
Don't believe for a moment that activity is suspicious so could be that the file is very new and not yet recognised by Norton.
Tom

I have Avast and downloaded 29.20 with no problem.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I also have Norton Internet Security, but haven't had any problems downloading and running Hornresp Version 29.20.

Kind regards,

David

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi David,
I tried one more time but same thing so I just overrode Norton and it now loads OK. I checked the Norton details and, for those who know about these things, SONAR caused the problem.
Thanks as always for your fast response and a great program devoid of all bloat. I recall you saying around version 6 that you couldn't see how much further Hornresp could go in the future :)
Tom

Is there supposed to be an update screen every time you load or only when there is a new version?

Hi Mark,

The update message should only appear after the product number changes, and only if the user is also connected to the Internet at the time that Hornresp is opened.

1. If you are currently using a product number earlier than 2920-120926, then there will be no update message.

2. If you are currently using product number 2920-120926 then the message given as an attachment to Post #2809 will be generated at startup.

3. If you are currently using product number 2920-120927 then you have the latest release, and won’t get any update message.

4. If you are using product number 2920-120927 at the time of the next release, then the message given as an attachment to Post #2818 will be generated at startup. This message will also be generated for all subsequent updates.

Could you please let me know if future update messages do not appear when they should.

Kind regards,

David

I'm not McBean, but...

When playing around with it I found that
Mmd=Mms-(8*Density of Air*(Driver Sd/PI)^(3/2)/3)
For DoA I use 1.205 kg/m3

It comes darn close to what HR calculates. Say HR calculates 29.86, and I will get 29.88, or 458.17 in HR and 458.02 my way.

I have a hard time juggling i or j around, so I look for a way around it. ;)

What HR calculation? That is my biggest complaint with the program, no unit conversion, every driver I want to look at always has at least one parameter that doesn't line up with what is needed for the program.

Can some one please step through the math above line by line to show the calculation, so I can work out the Mmd from the 287.1 Mms I have.
(Sd is 1194.59 I think, only have a Dia of 390 to work from).

Just start at Sd and the double click Cms and Mmd. Enter Rd directly, doubleclick Bl, Rms and then Le again ist entered directly. This way all the needed paramteres are claculated as needed.
Double Clicking on Sd gives calculated Vas and Qts.

Since Methods of how the parameters are derived are not always the same, it´s "normal" to have slight differences in the values. Don´t worry, it´s fine.

That didn't work... I put in 1194.59 for the Sd and 1125.4 for Cms (which turns into 1.13E+03) I double click Cms and add a Vas of 251.4 and the Cms turns into 1.24E-04, so something isn't right.

I have attached the TS Parameters can you please see what is wrong.

Attachments

• Tc Sounds Pro 5100.jpg
    Tc Sounds Pro 5100.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 121
The Datasheet doesn´t provide Sd (I simply don´t get why TC Sounds always does that, but.. oh well..... It´s just the way it is..). The Diameter is NOT the exakt effective area which would be Sd.... This is something TC Sounds is doing the wrong way, honresp can´t be blamed for incomplete datasheets.

The discrepance comes from the way the diameter is derived... If simply measured from the middle of the surrounding, you get a slightly different value compared to calculating it from other parameters. Often datasheets are "mixed", resulting in some slight shifts in the values. In fact, most manufacturers have slight irregularities in theyr datasheets.

One moment, doing some math...

Asuming all the other values in the datasheet are allright, I get Sd=1186,5 cm², which results in Cms=1.25E-04, close enough to the datasheet.

Slight abberations still occur, but thats "normal".

To derive some unknown parameters, you can crosscalc with some tools. I recall WiniSD PRO, LSPCad or TSPCheck, there are probably many more, but these three worked fine for me in the last years. WINISD PRO is free.

Mmd is just another way of writing Mms. They are both the mechanical mass of the driver?

Mas (or Mad) though is the acoustic mass of the diaphragm and voice coil. Which is Mmd / Sd².

I thought they were the same too, but it seems Mms includes the air both sides of the driver. It can be calculated if your good at math (which unfortunately I'm not)