Hornresp

How about making it possible to start a tapped horn with a negative flair in stead of a normal expanding flair?

Hi Mark,

As far as I know, it should already be possible - see attached screenprint.

Are you having problems generating a negative flare?

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Negative.png
    Negative.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 219
Any chance of more comprehesive instructions? For a complete newbie like myself I struggle to understand what data I should be entering where. Maybe some pictures in the help?

Here is an example of entering driver parameters:

I was not thinking of the DVC, so the LE looked high to me. Here are the corrected inputs for 2 woofers wired as a 4Ω nominal load.

Hint: Start by entering SD and double click in Cms, Mmd, Bl, Rms, and answer the questions to enter the parameters.
07CVR104.png
07CVR104key.png
07CVR104spec.png

Thanks NEO Dan... Fairly right with the driver parameters, as those can be found in the specs and matched to what Hornresp uses.

Just a passing thought, but maybe a cheap and cheerful spec converter in the app? For the novice like myself it would be nice to know the specs provided by the driver manufacturer have been converted properly for use in the app.

Some times the spec are represented in a way that is totally foreign and unknown, and it just add a layer of uncertainty to the process, so some smarts around entering the driver parameters would be extremely helpful.

Generally we tend to gain a reasonable amount of familiarity with T/S specs over the years just looking at different drivers, but I am struggling with the box parameters more than anything. I find it hard to visualise what Vtc, Atc etc etc do, as before opening this program I had never seen or heard of them.

I also see a lot of folded boxes as the finished product, but Hornresp shows a tube like result, I understand that the folded box is just a result of folding the tube, but some pictures that show where the box parameter are located / look like in a folded box, would really help a visual person like myself.

To better illustrate my point a thought just come to mind... I have been writing an app myself that visually demonstrates the effect of changing template guides and router cutters, and show the dimension on the same page as the specs like this...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 294
Hi Silent Screamer,

Just a passing thought, but maybe a cheap and cheerful spec converter in the app? For the novice like myself it would be nice to know the specs provided by the driver manufacturer have been converted properly for use in the app.

The Calculate Parameter tool enables Thiele-Small parameter values to be converted to their electro-mechanical equivalents, for use in Hornresp.

I find it hard to visualise what Vtc, Atc etc etc do, as before opening this program I had never seen or heard of them.

Try altering the input values, to see how the schematic diagram changes.

Vtc is the volume of the horn throat chamber and Atc is the cross-sectional area.

Kind regards,

David

You have the classic two bump tapped horn. To smooth that out you need to alter the path length and or the woofer location along the path.

Both will alter the response and the efficiency.

Use the wizard, the best thing David ever added to the program. Move the sliders around that control the correct parameters and you will stumble upon the response that your after.

Then you will have to make the compromises necessary to get the enclosure size you can live with.