Hornresp

Is it possible to setup series parallel simulation on three drivers?

Hi Mark,

In Hornresp, three drivers can be connected in either series or parallel only. It is not possible to have two drivers in parallel connected in series with a third driver, or to have two drivers in series connected in parallel with a third driver.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Drivers.png
    Drivers.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 267
Hornresp Update

Hi Everyone,

The algorithm used to calculate the corrected phase response has been changed. Hopefully this will eliminate the anomalies seen in some of the results. My thanks to Mathias (MaVo) for highlighting the issue, and to Jean-Michel (Jmmlc) for helping me to better understand his very clever phase unwrapping technique.

The latest release is Product Number 2900-120225.

Kind regards,

David

Hello everyone. I have been reading this site for a while now and finally signed up. I have a question about simulating what I've been calling a "dual chamber bass reflex", please correct me if I'm wrong. Is it possible in hornresp, or would I need AkAbak? I feel like if hornresp had the option to use a few more segments I could do it. I'm thinking that maybe I can set it up in horn resp without the second port, then export it to AkAbak and add a few lines. Am I on the right track?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi,
first, thanks for your great job !
I have two questions

1) I am still little confused with my offset horn, with two drivers and throath chamber, I am not sure about volumes, so I make little example. Please tell me if it is correct. I am not sure if I have two paraller speakers in two rear chambers, if I put volume of just one, or two chambers, etc with Vtc, Atc...

2) To the volume Vtc I have to include a volume of Cone, or hornresp count with this volume automaticly ?

thank you very much !

schema_horn_resp_II.gif

schema_horn_resp.gif

1) I am still little confused with my offset horn, with two drivers and throath chamber, I am not sure about volumes, so I make little example. Please tell me if it is correct. I am not sure if I have two paraller speakers in two rear chambers, if I put volume of just one, or two chambers, etc with Vtc, Atc...

2) To the volume Vtc I have to include a volume of Cone, or hornresp count with this volume automaticly ?

Hi Pendapon,

1. Hornresp assumes that the two drivers share a single rear chamber and ported throat chamber as specified by Vrc, Lrc, Vtc, Atc, Ap1 and Lpt. For your example, set Vrc = Vrc1 + Vrc2, Vtc = Vtc1 + Vtc2, etc.

2. Vtc needs to include the front 'cone volume' of the two drivers. Hornresp cannot calculate this value automatically as the geometry of the diaphragm is unknown.

Kind regards,

David

In the example above, I'd assume that the separate volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) should be added together to form a single AP1; but that Lpt(1) and Lpt(2) still result in just the same value of either of them for the correct Lpt(total)=Lpt(1)=Lpt(2) to use? Do I have that correct?

Hi Bill,

You are correct - assuming that you really mean areas rather than volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) :).

Just to clarify for the given example - chamber volumes and areas are doubled, lengths remain the same.

This will result in the following input parameter values:

Vrc = 40 litres
Lrc = 23 cm

Ap1 = 1000 sq cm
Lpt = 13 cm

(Volume Ap1 x Lpt doubled from 6500 cc to 13000 cc)

Vtc = 12000 cc
Atc = 1800 sq cm

(Ltc remains unchanged at 6.67 cm)

Kind regards,

David

Hi Bill,

You are correct - assuming that you really mean areas rather than volumes for AP1(1) and AP1(2) :).

Just to clarify for the given example - chamber volumes and areas are doubled, lengths remain the same.

This will result in the following input parameter values:

Vrc = 40 litres
Lrc = 23 cm

Ap1 = 1000 sq cm
Lpt = 13 cm

(Volume Ap1 x Lpt doubled from 6500 cc to 13000 cc)

Vtc = 12000 cc
Atc = 1800 sq cm

(Ltc remains unchanged at 6.67 cm)

Kind regards,

David

Thanks David.
And, right, area not volume.

Use system restore from Windows Help and Support or use rstrui from the command line or use F8 at start up to go to Safe Mode option where again you will find a choice between system restore and safe mode. You can use system restore to go back to a previous installation of Windows.

Prior to this step, use some third party software for recovery of data and you may find the lost data.

All the best!

I just restarted my computer after a windows update and all of my Hornresp records are gone!:(

Hi Dag,

Hornresp records are stored in the Hornresp.dat data file. The data file is automatically saved to the same folder as the Hornresp.exe application file. The recommended location for the two files is the C:\Hornresp folder, but the user can choose a different location if so desired.

Try using Windows Explorer to search for your Hornresp.dat data file - I would be most surprised if it has been deleted as part of the Windows update.

Kind regards,

David