Hornresp - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2008, 09:46 AM   #121
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 2" driver

Quote:
Originally posted by revintage
Could this model be accurate enough for use up to 2kHz?
Hi Lars,

I can't see why not, if your driver parameter values are correct. The on-axis pressure response will of course be a bit different to the constant directivity (power) response you have shown (see attached comparison).

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg response.jpg (43.4 KB, 796 views)
Old 11th June 2008, 09:52 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Vas is off course 2,2 dm3.
Old 11th June 2008, 09:57 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by revintage
Vas is off course 2,2 dm3.
I had assumed that was the case :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 12th June 2008, 08:29 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

How do you get to the Tapped Horn Wizard...I cant get to it...it won't highlight up.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:55 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aznboi3644
How do you get to the Tapped Horn Wizard...I cant get to it...it won't highlight up.
Hi aznboi3644,

As explained on page 9 of the Help file, the 'Tapped Horn Wizard' Tools menu command is enabled when the input parameters window is in edit mode and a tapped horn system has been specified.

See Note 8 on page 15 of the Help file for details on how to specify a tapped horn.

Are you sure you have read the Help file? :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 13th June 2008, 11:58 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

I've read the help files but I guess I just dont fully understand them.
Old 14th June 2008, 02:07 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

It might be worth your time to post in the tapped horn thread.
Hornresp can be intimidating for first time users, since there are a TON of variables in a horn.
Sure beats making sawdust tho - especially when it's so easy to screw up a horn.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:23 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I've read the help files but I guess I just dont fully understand them.
Hi aznboi3644,

I must admit that the Hornresp Help file is rather short on detail :-). All the essential information is in there somewhere, though - it just takes a bit of finding. Several people have told me that printing out a hardcopy of the file (it fits on 9 sheets) makes it easier for them to use as a reference.

I would be happy to answer any further questions that you may have on the operation of Hornresp, if I can - there are probably other people reading this thread who have similar questions. Once you get the hang of it though, I am sure you will find the program to be very quick and easy to use :-).

Patrick's suggestion is an excellent one - if you are specifically interested in tapped horns, then there are many examples of designs in the ‘Collaborative Tapped Horn Project' thread (which is also on the Subwoofers Forum). Typically, a screenprint of the Hornresp input parameters window is given as an attachment.

Kind regards,

David
Old 15th June 2008, 06:19 AM   #129
diyAudio Member

I am very interested in the Tapped Horn.

What I don't understand is the ratio of the throat and mouth opening.

I tried to input a driver the other night and after entering all of the T/S parameters and TRYING to enter the conical horn flare whatever I couldn't get the tapped horn wizard to work.

I admit it is quite frustrating lol.

I've also read through some of the Collaborative Tapped Horn thread but the thread just further confuses me...I mean I got the hang of WinISD fairly quickly.

Could you enter the parameters for the EHQS 12 I posted in the previous page and post up the screen shot of it for me??

Thanks a lot.
Old 15th June 2008, 10:15 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I tried to input a driver the other night and after entering all of the T/S parameters and TRYING to enter the conical horn flare whatever I couldn't get the tapped horn wizard to work.

Could you enter the parameters for the EHQS 12 I posted in the previous page and post up the screen shot of it for me??
Hi aznboi3644,

Entering the driver parameter values should be the easy part. Deciding on the dimensions to use for the tapped horn will be the difficult bit. If I enter the driver parameter values for you, you still won’t have a tapped horn design, and you will have learnt nothing.

To enter the driver parameter values:

1. When the default record number 1 is displayed, click the 'Add' button to create a new record.
2. Type 510, the value given for Sd, into the 'Sd' input box and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
3. Double-click on the 'Cms' input box and enter 157, the value given for Vas, and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
4. Double-click on the 'Mmd' input box and enter 25, the value given for fs, and then press the 'Enter' key’ on your keyboard.
5. Type 1.8, the value given for Re, into the 'Re' input box and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
6. Type 7.2, the value given for Bl, into the 'Bl' input box and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
7. Double-click on the 'Rms' input box and enter 25, the value given for fs, followed by 1.506, the value given for Qms, and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
8. Type 1, the assumed value for Le, into the 'Le' input box and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.

You have now entered the necessary driver parameter values.

As an example, to specify segment 1 as a conical flare with a length of 100cm, type C100 or 100C into the L12 input box and then press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard. If you want to specify an exponential flare, type E100 or 100E instead.

It may be worthwhile practising entering the parameters for a proven design from the Collaborative Tapped Horn Project thread, before you embark on your own design.

Kind regards,

David

Hide this!Advertise here!