Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2008, 02:16 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeHunt79
I've been using Hornresp with various voltages to find where my driver will run out of xmax at different frequencies... I was thinking it would be really to have a voltage plot on the "Max SPL" curve. Would this be possible?

So I put in say 5mm xmax, 300W power, and hornresp would produce a voltage curve as well as an SPL one. Perhaps the scale for voltage could be on the right have side and the curve itself could be a different colour so it won't get mixed up with the SPL curve?

I'm not sure if this is possible as I'm not really sure quite how all the maths behind this works... but if it is that would be a great feature IMO.
Hi Mike,

I'll have a look at it after I finish enhancing the Tapped Horn Wizard tool.

Please note that this does not necessarily mean that I will go ahead and include a voltage plot :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 6th June 2008, 11:26 PM   #102
agent.5 is offline agent.5  United States
diyAudio Member

Does Hornresp require special DLL files to run?

I arm using a stripped down version of XP over VMWare (OSX) and a lot of stuffs purposely are not installed. I can't get Hornresp to run. Does Hornresp uses Visual Basic or other Microsoft specific stuffs?
Old 7th June 2008, 04:29 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Is there a tutorial on how to use Hornresp???

I've tried quite a few times to attempt to decipher the help files but to no avail.

basically I am really confused on where to start.
Old 8th June 2008, 08:40 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by agent.5
Does Hornresp require special DLL files to run?

I arm using a stripped down version of XP over VMWare (OSX) and a lot of stuffs purposely are not installed. I can't get Hornresp to run. Does Hornresp uses Visual Basic or other Microsoft specific stuffs?
Hi agent.5,

Hornresp is a Visual Basic 3 application. I have no idea what files it requires from the Operating System. I do know that it works well with the normal version of XP, though.

No external DLL files are called specifically from the source code.

I assume that you have installed the Vbrun300.dll file as instructed in the Readme.txt file provided as part of the download package?

Kind regards,

David
Old 8th June 2008, 08:54 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aznboi3644
Is there a tutorial on how to use Hornresp???

I've tried quite a few times to attempt to decipher the help files but to no avail.

basically I am really confused on where to start.
Hi aznboi3644,

The only Hornresp tutorial I am aware of is located at http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.p...=Hornresp+Help

It's a bit dated now, and some of the input parameter names have changed, but it still may be of some use.

I was not involved in setting up the web page.

Incidentally, it's real easy to get started in Hornresp - just click the 'Calculate' button to see how the program operates with the default record, or click the 'Add' button if you wish to create and edit your own new record :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 8th June 2008, 07:38 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I assume that you have installed the Vbrun300.dll file as instructed in the Readme.txt file provided as part of the download package?

Yes.

The program crashes everytime, if I mouse click hit the menu bar (FILE, Tools, WINDOW, etc). It is possible that VMWare caused the problem. I will just run the software with a regular PC.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:35 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

I solved my own problem by installing a separate Windows 98 SE virtual machine, and hornsrep is running. So, it is not a VMWare problem, just my stripped down version of XP eliminated some required stuffs for hornsrep to run.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:24 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

What I would like to see is a concise tutorial on tapped horns in hornresp. I suspect that a lot of the information is in the TH thread but studying that will have to wait until I have more time.

mike
Old 10th June 2008, 01:21 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David McBean

Hi aznboi3644,

The only Hornresp tutorial I am aware of is located at http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.p...=Hornresp+Help

It's a bit dated now, and some of the input parameter names have changed, but it still may be of some use.

I was not involved in setting up the web page.

Incidentally, it's real easy to get started in Hornresp - just click the 'Calculate' button to see how the program operates with the default record, or click the 'Add' button if you wish to create and edit your own new record :-).

Kind regards,

David
What is the "default" record...I'm trying to enter the parameters for an EHQS 12 but am lost

T/S parameters:
Qts: .375
Qes: 0.49
Qms: 1.506
Fs: 25 Hz
Re: 1.8
Vas: 157 L
MMS: 90g
BL: 7.2 Tm
SPL: 89.1 dB
SD: 510 M^2
Xmax: 9.1 MM

Magnet Width: 5.25"
Cutout: 11.00"
Mounting Depth: 5.00"
Total Height: 5.60"
Displacement: .04 cF
Outside Diameter: 12.00"

Box Size: 1.5cF Sealed / 2.0cF Vented
Power Handling: 200w
Old 10th June 2008, 02:32 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David McBean

Hi Mike,

I'll have a look at it after I finish enhancing the Tapped Horn Wizard tool.

Please note that this does not necessarily mean that I will go ahead and include a voltage plot :-).

Kind regards,

David
Hi David,

No problem. I always look forward to new versions, and even without the voltage plot I can roughly set the limiters anyway, so I was only suggesting it as something extra anyway.

Cheers
Will

Hide this!Advertise here!