Hornresp - Page 100 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2010, 01:08 AM   #991
GM is online now GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddie View Post
This may or may not have been asked before but... will there ever be a driver database facility in HR? So instead of having to find various bits of paper with TS params I can just select a driver from a list.
Excellent software btw.
What's wrong with using the 'Find' tool in the 'File' menu to take you to a design or even just a set of driver's specs? This was one reason why I asked, and got, the number of files increased from 1000 to a virtually infinite number (I forget how big, but higher than I have enough years left to use). Functionally, it's no different than selecting a driver in Unibox or WinISD.

GM
Old 23rd February 2010, 06:53 AM   #992
Kolbrek is offline Kolbrek  Norway
diyAudio Member

David once suggested to keep separate driver records, where the comment field started with #, and contained the brand, type number, xmax and Pmax of the driver. When the records are sorted, all drivers will end up at the start, and will be easy to find with the Find function. And don't forget the Copy Driver function.

Bjørn
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:55 AM   #993
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblersound View Post
In the Horn Loudspeaker Wizard, the arrow keys won't operate the drop down menus as in the previous version.
Hi bubblersound,

Thanks, I had missed that one. I think I know what might be causing the problem. I will see if I can do something about it, and let you know the outcome.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:04 AM   #994
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
(I forget how big, but higher than I have enough years left to use).
Hi GM,

With the release of Version 21.40 the maximum allowable number of records in the Hornresp.dat data file was increased from 999 to 9999.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:24 AM   #995
FlipC is offline FlipC  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually what djeddie suggested isnt a bad idea.
A DB for drivers. No comments etc, just driver TS specs in .txt format to easily copy and import into HR.

Maybe i will chat with hornrespdb.com
and see if they are down with that.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:25 AM   #996
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrek View Post
David once suggested to keep separate driver records, where the comment field started with #, and contained the brand, type number, xmax and Pmax of the driver. When the records are sorted, all drivers will end up at the start, and will be easy to find with the Find function. And don't forget the Copy Driver function.
Hi Bjørn,

Thanks for this - you have explained the process very clearly, completely and concisely.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:35 AM   #997
FlipC is offline FlipC  United States
diyAudio Member

Morning David.

Question: Within LoudSpeaker Wizard. Why does it change the graph when simply selecting S2 Variable. Without changing the inputs. Also it doesn't go back to its original state when you go back to fixed.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:48 AM   #998
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
No comments etc, just driver TS specs in .txt format to easily copy and import into HR.
Hi FlipC,

Just to clarify - it would be necessary to have electro-mechanical parameters rather than Thiele-Small parameters in the driver database, if the files are to be imported into Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:24 AM   #999
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
Within LoudSpeaker Wizard. Why does it change the graph when simply selecting S2 Variable. Without changing the inputs. Also it doesn't go back to its original state when you go back to fixed.
Hi FlipC,

In most cases the value of S2 will alter when 'Horn - S2 Variable' is selected because it then needs to match the overall horn contour. This is why the chart results change.

When 'Horn - S2 Fixed' is selected again, S2 can no longer vary as the horn contour changes, but remains at its current value. This is why the chart results don't change initially in this case.

Try having a look at the schematic diagram and adjusting the area sliders, and switch from 'S2 Fixed' to 'S2 Variable' and back again, to see how it all works. Note how the value of S2 shown under the schematic alters.

Kind regards,

David
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:12 PM   #1000
diyAudio Member

Default Minor Update

Hi Everyone,

Another small feature has been added to the Loudspeaker Wizard tool. When the S key is depressed, the schematic diagram is now displayed while the key is held down. This means that a user can quickly sanity-check a speaker’s physical design after adjusting length and area sliders while viewing say, the SPL Response.

The arrow keys now also work again with the drop-down lists. My thanks to 'bubblersound' for picking this one up.

The Hornresp Version Number has not changed, but the Product Number is now 2620-100223.

Kind regards,

David

Hide this!Advertise here!