Hornresp

Hy David,

Thanx for the reply. I tried to narrow it down.. (no, I am not editing anything in the input-tab, the options dissappear as soons as I switch to schematics.)

Im using 1940-080823, will try to update after this post to see if it still occurs.

The phenomenon only seems to appear if I do the following:

entered this data:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

results in this SPL Chart (mask resonances: yes)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now I display the previous result
switch to schematics - so far so good.
Now I go back to "input" and change the horn type from exp to con and back again to exp, the recalculate. Same SPL response, of course.
Now "previos" display - same SPL curve, of course.
Click on schematics - now it happens:

All the options in "windows" are gone, except the "input parameters".

This only seems to occur after chaning the flare rate. At least, thats all I figured out so far.

Will try updating, will be back soon.

update (1 minute later)

- back again. Most recent Version installed (just downloaded it a few secs ago). Same Problem. I used the same data as above, simulated once, went back to "input", changed exp to con and back again. Simulate once more, show SPL Chart, show previous, went to schematics and all options are gone.

I hope I could express my self good enough so you can follow my procedure. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Best regards and many thanx once again!

Sabbelbacke said:
I hope I could express my self good enough so you can follow my procedure. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Many thanks for the additional information, it has helped me greatly - I can now also generate the error! It is definitely a bug in the program - you are doing nothing wrong :). It may take me a day or two to track down the problem and fix it. I will let you know when this has been done.

Thanks again for your invaluable assistance - you are a really excellent "bug finder" :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Hopefully the problem you reported has been fixed in Product Number 1940-080924.

This quite serious bug was was introduced with the initial release of Version 19.40, when I added in the throat entry half-angle parameter AT. The inclusion of AT also caused a related fault with the Horn Segment Wizard, which has now been rectified.

Thanks again for your ongoing assistance in helping to make Hornresp a better product. Your efforts are much appreciated! Please do not hesitate to let me know if you come across anything else.

Kind regards,

David

I´m at it again...

When simulating a 2 segment tapped horn, I recall my safed parameters after a fresh start of hornresp, go to the tapped horn wizard, fiddle around, calc everything, switch to the th-wizard again, doing nothin, just popping it up. Closing the editor, and then go to another record via "previous". hornresp doesn´t ask if the results should be safed.

If I move to another record right after simulation, hornresp asks, if I click up the th- wizard and do nothing there, hornresp seems to think, everything is safed already.

Is there a reason for this? I think it would come in handy, if hornresp would check.

What do you think? I am using the most recent release, just updated a few minutes before

Sabbelbacke said:
When simulating a 2 segment tapped horn, I recall my safed parameters after a fresh start of hornresp, go to the tapped horn wizard, fiddle around, calc everything, switch to the th-wizard again, doing nothin, just popping it up. Closing the editor, and then go to another record via "previous". hornresp doesn´t ask if the results should be safed.

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Excellent - many thanks, I see what you mean. I will have a look at the code and see if there is anything that can be done about it.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Just confirming that Hornresp has been changed so that clicking the Tapped Horn Wizard 'Save' button at any time now means that the 'Save changes to current record?' message is always displayed before a record can be closed. Product Number 1940-081002 refers.

Thanks again for the excellent feedback. Please keep up the great work :).

Kind regards,

David

David, I just booted HR for the first time on this newish PC and it came up with an error asking if it is a 32 or 64 bit program (downloaded current version). It won't run.
OS is Vista Home Ultimate, but I may go back to XP Pro as I have other issues. Any OTTOYH ideas as to what I might do?

Cheers

Brett said:
David, I just booted HR for the first time on this newish PC and it came up with an error asking if it is a 32 or 64 bit program (downloaded current version). It won't run.
OS is Vista Home Ultimate, but I may go back to XP Pro as I have other issues. Any OTTOYH ideas as to what I might do?

Cheers

Hi Brett,

Unfortunately I suspect there is little that can be done in this particular case. Hornresp is a 16-bit program, which as far as I know will not run on a 32/64 bit Vista Operating System. Hopefully there is a computer expert out there who can prove me wrong :).

Kind regards,

David

David: (and/or others that are smarter than I)

This is a 'how to' question, more than a bug report or anything like that. I hope this is the appropriate place to ask.

1. How do you model 'compression' chambers in a TH?
2. How do you model stuffing in a TH? (the stuffing should slow down the air velocity, and allow a shorter smaller TH to resonate the same as a longer TH without stuffing -- correct?)
3. How do you model 2 distinct different path lengths in hornsresp (aka you want 2 different horn paths, each very peaky, and the peaks of one, fill in the valleys of the other)

thanks