Dayton sub amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sort of surprised no one has replied. I know that ep2500's are the most common amp for diy subs, but running it bridged to a single 4ohm mkIII sounds like a recipe for burnt voice coil. The 1000 watt Dayton "rack mount" looks like it may better meet my needs. I don't want a plate amp because of the extra RCA's and 110v cables I would have to route thru the walls. Using the rack mount Dayton reduces the cable routing to a single run of 10/2 SO cord. Has anyone ever seen or used this amp. I have never even seen a DIY sub in a home environment. Not many fans of HT in West Virginia, especially my part. Thanks in advance.

Cujo

If you go to the ratings screen for the titanic 15'kit,@ parts express people seem very happy with what is, a very similar set-up to what your doing. I have a 15" titanic in a 340l ported cab and it easily bottoms with my 350W plate amp. X-mech happens within a few MM's of x-max so be carefull. Ive destroyed a couple of those drivers. Hope this helps.

Hi,

IMo, An Sub amp > 500 W RMS is a minimum req.

b

1(1)

Attachments

• dayton15intitanicmkiii.gif
    dayton15intitanicmkiii.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 156
Thanks to all who responded. Cal, I don't know how to post links. I will find out how before I post another question. So if the gains are set to minimum, the vc wont melt? bjorno, thanks for posting the charts. I don't really understand all of them but I will research them to gain a bit better understanding. Eventually, I will add a BFD as my knowledge increases and am better able to utilize all its features. If I can get 90 or 95 db at 30 hz with just an ep2500 and the mkIII, that will be a good starting point for me. As I mentioned earlier this is my first home sub build, so sealed is easiest for me build and tune. If I eventually can get down to 20hz at about 100db in room I would be well pleased. Any further comments or suggestions will be considered and are appreciated.

Cujo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.