Subwoofer hum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've searched around and tried most of the stuff posted to try and eliminate sub hum but to no avail.

I have a Wharfendale SW-300 sub (comes with an internal amp), which I bought new and used for like a week before storing it (was too loud for where I was living), so now I moved to a new place and I find myself with some sub hum.

I've tried every socket in my new apartment, and the results are the same. The hum starts as soon as I plug the subwoofer into the socket, without even connecting the RCAs.

I got an extension lead that has a ground indicator, and supposedly its working because the light is on. I've tried moving the sub away from everything and no dice, still humming.

This problem was not present in my old apartment, so I dont think it could have gone bad from being stored a few months in its box.

I'd take it apart but I am not sure what to look for, if anything. I guess I could try and take it a neighbor's house but the damn thing weights a ton. Can I try something else before I take it somewhere else to test?

The apartment building I moved into is a new one, with me being the first person there, maybe there is a chance the building's main ground is not good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.