Electronic "Low pass only" X-over

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Out of curiosity I sent Omnes Audio/Blue Planet a mail and got quickly this reply in English ( I read German rather well but to write in it....):

Hello Håkan

Thanks for your email…
We are currently translating our shop…
So in a few days we will have a complete description in English.

Also right now only in German: Software.
This will take some time…

There where a lot of questions. First, there is no change in quality of sound if you use the DBC 12. We made a lot of listening tests and also measurements.

The DBC 12 is only for Sub woofers or woofers. We don’t have any crossover for the satellites…

People like most: 3 presets and remote control.
Also nice finish, not like the PA DSP….

If you have any more questions, feel free to send an Email to me.

Cheers, Nick

If you are wanting an active crossover on the preamp side, you have plenty of options. But you will need to be looking more towards the proaudio rack mount gear. You can use 2 way & 3 way active crossovers for the low pass. You can find a deal on some on EBay for about $60.

Example (though not rack mount)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Samson XOver

I doubt most pro gear to have a sufficient high level when it comes to sound quality. Of course you can tweak these.
But even if the longer series in manufacturing can keep costs low, the same cost considerations can impair component quality.

Just my opinion. But comparing the power supplies for my VMPS
crossover ( with a one Farad capacitor) with the cheap gear may make sense. The Samson S-Xover is sold for slightly more than $ 100 here in Sweden.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.