SIMPLE subwoofer crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for all of us who use two-channel systems with subwoofer(s), there is no good way to integrate them in the system without running the speakers full range (bad idea if they aren't full range speakers), running through the subwoofer's crossover (mediocre quality at best, IF available), etc.

I use the Marchand XM46 for the high pass at 80 Hz, second order. This slope combines with the natural rolloff of my sealed main speakers to provide an LR4 crossover. I replaced the two generic caps in the XM46 with a single Audiocap for improved sound. I cannot hear any degradation from this filter. I use a Marchand XM44 for the subs, with a Linkwitz transform and infrasonic filter.

You could try this out for not much money. I think I paid just over $100 for the second-order XM46, and you already have an XM9 for the sub. If your main speakers are ported, stuff the ports first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.