Kef PSW2000 Sub schematic required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have KEF PSW 2000 sub wich have died on me.
The green light goes on, but that's all. No sound when touching the cable.

I opened the sub and read the 6 pages of this post.

I am no electronic expert, so i was hoping for some help.
Looks like R123,R119,R122 and R118 are leaking. I wil replace thes with the same values
R143 anR144 are also broken as it looks. Will replace these with 5W as suggested by Roar.
"Q18, 19 are to be replaced by BD139,140"? My sub has been repaired by KEf 4 years back. As you can see there are already on the heatsink, do I still need to replace this? if yes what part do i need.
"C42,43, replace with PP caps" what are PP caps?
"Relay are to be replaced with Omron G5LE1-24"this is the blue box, right?

So i miss anything or should i be good to go.

If there are any dutch people here who already ordered these parts, could you let me know where you ordered?

My relay started chattering. I replaced c52 et voila!

To be sure I also kept c52's legs a little longer so that I could keep it further away from the warm resistors. See picture.

Attachments

• j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 293
Im about to put together the things I need to fix this but im starting to think theres no point. they seem to have a fault with pretty much every part on the power amp board. I got given one and the most obvious things are that q19 and q17 have failed / exploded . im half tempted to run it with an external amp rarther than have another problem arise in the future.
cheers for everybodys input.
this is a(/another) link to a service manual ......still not 100% on the first page of specs ?
http://members.chello.nl/b.kalle/kef psw2000 service manual.pdf

I know this is an old thread but this might help. If your sub has an intermittent thump with shut down after you have done any work to the the amp board, look for a broken trace on cement resistor R144. The trace gets broken when that resistor is knocked against the bottom of the pre-amp board when you are trying to get the amp board back down onto the heat sink.

I have just received a faulty KEF psw 2010. The problem is that it works good for the first 10-15 seconds and then the volume goes down to an intermittent crack/pop which is very low sometimes. I tried bypassing the relay, replacing C52, C68, C59 and C60. All resistors and transistors tested and look fine. Any ideas please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.