small PA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are those two cabinets intended to work together as a stack, as it would seem from the diagram? If so, don't you feel there is a bit of overkill in the low mid/bass region?
Most coaxials are designed to power match in a ported cabinet; already, the rear horn loading on the cone would force you to increase the power fed to the tweeter. Then, the extra power added in the low end would do the same again. Admittedly, there is generally more power required at the lower end of the spectrum, but for exactly this reason, tweeters have a lower power handling capacity.
Now, had you mounted a mid/high horn into the horn mouth of the upper unit, I would have said nothing, not knowing the power ratings of the units chosen.
Sure, I'd have liked a more symmetrical loading on the cone, but with a relatively stiff suspenion it shouln't give any real problems; better than axour average port, anyway.

Thanks,

the soft fibre and flare rate makes a warm roll off of the horns ~250-300 Hz,
the horn mouth distance cuts the rising SPL between 150-300 Hz,
the system membran movement gets linear,
and at 40 Hz the bass horn makes ~15 dB!! more SPL than any simulation would expected.

"IF IT WORKS LIKE MY double horns."!!??

i dream to use the bass wide in the mids, both drivers
and the tweeter has enough SPL to match both. IMO.

I add some membran movement simus.

Attachments

• 25cmcoax+1222e-30cmmemb.jpg
    25cmcoax+1222e-30cmmemb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.