BFD, DEQ or DCX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm finally getting started in this whole new business to me, sub EQ'ing. I"ve got the wiring/cable thing all worked out, but from my research, most guys are using BFDs. But from what I've gathered here, alot of people are using the DEQ instead for it's 'shelf filters' allowing a flatter fr <10hz. How important is this? Is that the right decision??...it's about $150-200 more than the BFD.

I plan on using it to eq one sub now, another possibly later, and plan to have two memorized EQ parameters, one for HT, and another for strict two channel music. If possible, I could use a 'pretty good quality' high pass filter for my mains for use with music.

Any help or suggestions are really appreciated!!

Thanks,
Fore

I'm going to use my vista computer, with a soundblaster live ext. soundcard, mic, preamp, and mixer along with a one of the Behringer processors listed above.

I should've seperated the DCX2496 crossover and the quality for a highend 2 ch. music system. I did a bad job there.
If someone has experience with this unit it'd be great to here.

The other question is, is the DEQ with it's shelfing filters the better choice for my situation? Say over the BFD? Just a bit confused over which proc. is the best for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.