Multiple subwoofer/multiple amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I'm on the verge of running 4 - 15" subs in my dedicated HT room and will be using 4 amplifiers. I'm thinking I'll need (and would like to get) a line level amplifier to increase the output from my receiver to this multiple amp setup. In a perfect world this would include a simplistic boost/cut feature via a parametric eq and perhaps independant phase control. Actually this is starting to sound expensive.

Any ideas for what I could use for

a) line level boost
b) everything else I listed

Scott

I looked at that Behringer unit a while ago and thought it was quite awesome for its price! Superb audio specs providing just about any crossover combination you could need.

My use would have been with an HTPC (audio only really - I don't get much into movies) sending its digital output to the Behringer and then to separate amps powering the fronts (mains) and subs. That project is on hold currently but will be done eventually, heh.

I'm pretty sure the Behringer unit would work nicely.
Joe

boogs said:
Hi All

Any ideas for what I could use for

a) line level boost
b) everything else I listed

Scott

As long as you don't have a tube output stage with a capacitively coupled output trying to drive those amplifiers I don't think you'll need a line level amplifier unless you're having ground loop problems and would like to convert to balanced output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.