Compound Subwoofer with Dynaudio 30W100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I have a new pair of Dynaudio 30W100's and onther pair which I hope to re-foam as soon as I get the refoam kit in.
I was thinking of building a compound subwoofer with the refoamed units, as a single unit takes up a lot of space. I hope to build a subwoofer in the 60 liter or smaller range with these speakers.

I have not build many sub-woofers, mainly 2 ways full range, and have limited idea of how to place and design such a unit optimally.

I intend to use a plate amp like for example a Hypex.

Should I use 1 or 2 subwoofer in a living room of approx 7.5 x 3.5= 26.25 sq. meter?

Any hints or experiences that you wish to share?

Regards,

Hjalmar

These are great bass drivers - I have them with their matching passive radiators in the Dynaudio Finale and they go very low. The bass is also very tight. Sorry can't give you any guidance on using as subwoofers, but I'm sure you will be pleased with the quality of the sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.