Short list opinions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, noob here.

I have searched and found differing opinions on the subject, thats been asked and listed so many times. With all due respect, I'd like too see a list that tells which box is best to which music style to use, (ie Car or Room).

So would you say :-
Rap - Reflex in a Car - Sealed in a Room.
And why? Spl and Quality
Cheers

iUSERTLO72p:)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
iUSERTLO72p said:
I have searched and found differing opinions on the subject

I think that's the source of the problem. You are asking for objectivity in a subjective area.

I prefer the sound of sealed but have heard many good sounding ported enclosures. The best sounding box is determined by the driver, not the music.

Do you have a preference? If so, no one can tell you it's wrong.

GM

Joined 2003
iUSERTLO72p said:
Okay, we're re-producing not producing. Are there not similarities?

Greets!

In a word, no, though most builders whether manufacturers or DIYers will design/build based on a wide variety of financial/personal preferences and their (mis)understanding of the physics of the situation. Few actually seem to be interested in designing/building a truly accurate reproduction system otherwise we'd all be building basically the same thing with the same components.

Obviously, a typical manufacturer's priority is making enough money to stay in business at a profitable level, so tailors its products to sway folks to buy their's over someone else's and you need look no further than Bose's offerings/marketing strategy to see what works. OTOH, DIYers are primarily interested in pleasing themselves as best they can within a usually very limited budget, space and WAF, so between these two extremes there's a cornucopia of opinions, components and alignments to choose from and why the only consensus you'll find will be limited mostly to currently incontrovertible physics.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.