Tang Band W5-1138SM on sale at PE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've played with them as a bottom fill for the Aura NSW2. not entirely sure what I plan to do with them from there other than an inexpensive microsystem. maybe an entry level dipole?

they were on sale a while back and the rep said the sale would go til mid october. they were out of stock with a date of last week but still shipped a few days after I ordered (late september).

I think they get regular shipments of them.

Matt

I built a ultra-flat-wall subwoofer with the 6 inch equivalent, which looks quite similar to the 5'' one.
In my case with the 6'' driver, 18l vented, -3db at about 32hz.

Produces great and (oha) tight bass even in bigger rooms, surprisingly high volume levels possible... I'm sure the 5'' is worth a try!

I'm using it with a computer 2.1 system using the Dayton Audio 25 watt plate amp.

I really, really like this little thing. It does something I've never heard a sub do. Actually not suck at producing music. I only play audio files and TV back on my computer, but this thing does great.

I had gotten a 8" sub for my car that I haven't used yet. I'm thinking about selling it and getting two more for my car.

Keep in mind tho, I just like covering a little low end. Don't get these little guys to just thump. They can do so much more.

trip-pcs said:
I built a ultra-flat-wall subwoofer with the 6 inch equivalent, which looks quite similar to the 5'' one.
In my case with the 6'' driver, 18l vented, -3db at about 32hz.

Produces great and (oha) tight bass even in bigger rooms, surprisingly high volume levels possible... I'm sure the 5'' is worth a try!

trip-pcs,

You wouldn't happen to have plans/schematics for your ultra-flat wall subwoofer would you? I'm looking for a slim subwoofer to complement a set of wall mounted speakers I'm building (Visaton Portraits).

Apologies for the OT post.

This this what you were looking for?

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/indexn.cfm?project=Boogieman

That thing has to be the biggest sleeper sub ever. I'm loving the 5.25" version. While it wouldn't work for HT, It has so many useful applications.

It looks like I have a bigger car sub sold. I'm going to order two more. They sound great and on sale, they should be bought in bulk just to play with.

Something so small shouldn't be able to sound like this!!!! TB has done it again. What's great as they sound good with music, while most HT subs are only good for unrealistic movie effects, these just sound really good. I suspect they will work very well in a car without needing much dampening. They go low enough, but not so low that things start to resonate. Perfect if you like your music and your ears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.