what sub with HT240M0 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm wondering what kind of subwoofer can I build with 2 HT240M0 ?

Presently, my two HT240M0 are used in a decware wicked one sub. I think that the rear volume is to small for these ones (~30 liters) and I want to change for better sound.

Many thanks for your help.

I think that the rear volume is to small for these...

Hi,

The drivers are suitable for bass or for use as bass stands, you can see in my submitted simulations the difficulty to extend the frequency response further down only by increasing the volume.

Ported designs and a subsonic filter becomes a necessity if the goal is to reach into the sub area.

b

1(2)

Attachments

• audax ht240m0.gif
    audax ht240m0.gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 107

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

I don't know how they perform in a Wicked One or what sort of performance you would like from these, how big a size you can tolerate, whether you want to build one big one or two smaller ones, etc., so it's kind of hard to answer your question.

Do you have measured specs for yours?

Anyway, here's a single driver 28 Hz MLTL to consider based on published specs:

L = 44.842"
WxD = 303.473"^2
zdriver = 19.604"
zport = near/at the bottom
dport = 5"
Lport = 4"
stuffing density = 0.2 lbs/ft^3 polyfil

All dims i.d. and can be rounded off to suit.

GM

Attachments

• audax ht240m0 max flat mltl - long.gif
    audax ht240m0 max flat mltl - long.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 86
Thank you for your responses,

Actually, wicked one enclosure is 1x1x0.35 meters and that's quite big for my room. :xeye:
My objective is to explore Bass quality ;) . My Wicked one Horn seems to be very boomy and the response has enormous variations according to my listening position.

So Bjorno you suggest me to build a ported design ? What about isobarik one ? What about use them in open box (not closed rear enclosure...) ? Or tapped horn ?
You introduce me that i can't get better "subsonic excursion" with theses drivers ? that's it ? :bawling:

Read you later...:cool:

Arago.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.