The Rythmik Audio Rubik's Cube Subwoofer...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought you guys may be interested in this:

http://projectcube2007.blogspot.com/

It's a Rythmik Audio DS-15, Sealed, with an AS370 12dB/Octave Amplifier and it is NIIIICE...

I wish i could track the numbers on it, but i don't own the necessary equipment. Regardless, it's highly recommended!

OH, and instead of putting it in a boring black box, I turned it into a giant Rubik's Cube...

Thanks to all the posters on this site for helping me through the build - it was appreciated!

IMG_3110.jpg

WOW! Very creative!! That's awesome. I saved the pic just to show people, lol.
I'm wondering... did you look at a completed Rubik's Cube to tell which colors went where?
And how'd you decide which color to hide and mount the amplifier on? Is that color just your least favorite? ;)

Thank you for all the Kudos!!

BHTX, Thanks! Yes i examined the full cube and positioned it in the way i found the most pleasing - if you'll look there is actually one flaw in the scale representation and that is the placement of yellow and orange - I chose to hide yellow underneath since i own NOTHING yellow and it looked quite out of place. Next to yellow (my least favorite color on the cube) is orange so i chose to put that on the amp side so it wouldn't be seen as often. I made those judgment calls when i first got started but after the initial painting, i was so pleased with the way it came out that honestly, i think all the colors look great...

tinitusWhile moving it was all black with no color and the people helping me actually commented that it looked good plain too, thank you! As for the 12 dB filter, i'm not too certain. I know i chose the 12dB over the 24dB octave because the 12 dB is variable where as one must choose a fixed corner freq with Rythmik's 24 dB Octave amp. I don't see why one couldn't use it with a nice pre-amp, I know NAD's flagship has a 100hz roll off - within the range of the 12dB Octave amp, providing you definitely want the Rythmik amp...if i'm understanding your question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.