Flexible pipe subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I remember seeing a design years ago consisting of a smallish speaker and a length of flexible ducting used as a sub.

I need more info on this type of design, or using pvc pipes. How do I calculate the length?

I want to build a sub for my Pajero, but do not want to take away too much space. I am thinking of installing it under the seats, or just behind it.

Any suggestions?

Regards

You might be thinking of a transmission line sub. It'll never fit in a Pajero. (apologies to Spanish speakers out there, no profanity intended - they really did name a car that!)

They need to be a quarter wavelength long, HUGE. they are usually close to the diameter of the driver, not sure what will happen with a thinner pipe.

Suggest 8 or 10 inch very high excursion drivers with the highest efficiency you can find in a correctly designed sealed or bass reflex box. Make the footprint the same as an Engel (I think they're called an Ingl over there :D ) so you can pop it in and out if your get a car fridge and secure both of them safely with one of those slider thingies. If you put a fridge in for a trip you;ll need to remove the sub for the space, two birds and all that...

Thanks Mike

It helps a lot, I think I might just spend more time setting up the 6x9's in the back, they should provide ample bass.

I don't really want to take away any space, especially in the rear, as the Pajero is used over weekends for fishing, etc, and it's a hassle to take out a sub all the time.

Cheers

Jacques

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.