Any interest in a sub and amp kit ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've finished putting together a sub woofer project that myself and richieb00y have designed.

It consists of a CNC'd enclosure [specifically designed to be assembled with ease] and plate amp designed by richieb00y, with a Shadow Works driver.

We were absolutely bowled over with the results when it was fired up that we wondered if forum members would be interested if we offered it as a kit for say a group buy ?

I have yet to take some decent photos of the assembled sub but here below is a render of what it looks like.

More details to follow if there is an interest.

Attachments

• lbside.jpg
    lbside.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 262
Yes MDF, plate amps and 12" drivers tend to be heavy :)

I'll get richieb00y to post some specs. In the mean time we're contemplating a few versions of the "flatpack" kit.

One with just the kit plans [panels, amp and electronics], one as a basic kit with just panels without driver hole and amp hole and full kit, with flat pack MDF panels, electronic components, driver and amp panel.

A very quick overview of specs and features:

- Left and right stereo inputs (line and speaker level) with low-pass filter adjustable 40-120Hz

- LFE input

- Switch to select between these two inputs

- Phase switch 0 and -180 degrees

- Low end frequency adjustable 10-54Hz

- Low end q/damping adjustable 0.5-1.1

- 400 watts class-d amp

- output level adjustable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.