Two 10" drivers selaed sub - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2007, 07:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Two 10" drivers selaed sub

I would like an advice on the best sub that could be built out of a pair of drivers with the following specs

Fs:38Hz
Vas:50 L
QTS:0.8
Max Power:150W

Currently thinking of a sealed sub using a linkwitz transform aiming for an equalized Q of 0.8 and FS of around 30 t0 25Hz using a 40Litre box

Is there a possibility to use both woofers in a sealed push pull arrangement in combination with a linkwitz transform?

Would it also be possible to have both woofers in an isobaric config still using a sealed box?

Thanks
Old 25th September 2007, 12:18 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Two 10" drivers selaed sub

Quote:
Originally posted by zeus_threat
I would like an advice on the best sub that could be built out of a pair of drivers with the following specs

Fs:38Hz
Vas:50 L
QTS:0.8
Max Power:150W

Currently thinking of a sealed sub using a linkwitz transform aiming for an equalized Q of 0.8 and FS of around 30 t0 25Hz using a 40Litre box

Is there a possibility to use both woofers in a sealed push pull arrangement in combination with a linkwitz transform?

Would it also be possible to have both woofers in an isobaric config still using a sealed box?

Thanks
Q is a bit high for my tastes.

A push-push sealed box can use an LT.
Most isobarics are built with the rear driver in a sealed cab.
Old 25th September 2007, 02:48 AM   #3
chops is offline chops  United States
diyAudio Member

I would (and did) go push-pull. You'll need twice the airspace naturally, but you'll also get twice the output and twice the power handling.

With isobaric, you can use both drivers in the same airspace as a single driver, you get the same output as a single driver, but still gain twice the power handling.
Old 25th September 2007, 02:58 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chops
With isobaric, you can use both drivers in the same airspace as a single driver, you get the same output as a single driver, but still gain twice the power handling.
Isn't isobarik 1/2 the cab size generally?

With push-push, you'll also get lots less cabinet vibration.
Old 25th September 2007, 03:05 AM   #5
chops is offline chops  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Isn't isobarik 1/2 the cab size generally?

Yes, you're correct Brett. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry, it's late and I'm extremely tired and should be in bed... Which is exactly where I'm headed off to right now.
Old 25th September 2007, 10:14 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Push-Push layout

So a push-push config would mean having two drivers in one box with both cone pointing outwards?

Is there any advantage that the push-push might have over the push-pull or vice-versa?

Thanks
Old 25th September 2007, 11:25 AM   #7
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Quote:
I would like an advice on the best sub that could be built out of a pair of drivers with the following specs...
Difficult to answer when not knowing the driver brand name, x-max and the SPL requirement?

b

1(1)
Attached Images
File Type: gif two-10in sealed.gif (57.8 KB, 521 views)
Old 25th September 2007, 12:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is there any advantage that the push-push might have over the push-pull or vice-versa?
The advantage is called "pulse compensation" - meaning less vibration of the box - which you would only achieve with a lot of weight otherwise.

Regards

Charles
Old 27th September 2007, 07:29 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the posts greatly appreciated. I do not have any info about the Xmax but the target SPL should be around 95dB. Will a bridge 120W per woofer be sufficient ?
Old 27th September 2007, 07:32 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by zeus_threat
Thanks for the posts greatly appreciated. I do not have any info about the Xmax but the target SPL should be around 95dB. Will a bridge 120W per woofer be sufficient ?
How can we possibly answer that without more driver specs. It'd just be a wild guess otherwise.

Hide this!Advertise here!