converting car tube to home sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a bazooka 8in powered sub. anybody ever convert one of these to use in a surround application. don't really want to sell it, but i do want to use it. i was thinking of either using an ac converter or changing the power supply. so is it a go or no go. shoot ideas at me. thanks!

Sell it on Eb@y, make it someone elses problem. Then use the money to purchase something better, try a raw driver from PE

I'm actually running a sub driver that was originally designed for car audio/PA, but it's an 18" Cerwin Vega in a 7cu ft box, and it works pretty well once you tune out the 60-80Hz bump.

That little 8" tube won't do anything but make a faint noise. The volume of the room is way too large.

If you're absolutely set on using it, yank the battery out of your car and hook it up in the livingroom to test it out. Though you don't want to run this long-term as the gasses given off by a lead acid battery in addidion to the risk of acid leaks can be deadly.

Don't use a battery charger, as it will create noise and distortion in the signal.

A true 40+A 12V power supply will run you over $300.00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.