Another advantage of IB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd just like to stick a data point in here. I've been over chez Panomaniac a couple times recently, to compare T-amps to tube amps, see how the digiamps like having a tube pre in front of them, comparo different DACs and stuff. He has an OB using the Selenium 15PW3 that has some of the best bass I ever heard. This is not a huge OB, and because he runs the 15 up to 600Hz he mounts it up at ear level, so it's not a maxed-out OB basswise, but the bass is far deeper than I expected, and the only bottom I've heard (except for a huge fronthorn) cleaner than a transmission line. Unbelievably natural sound on the bottom. I'm dreaming of an IB setup myself, or a hybrid OB that goes to the side walls of the room, something like that.

I've been seeing this for a few years now; guys making this box and that box, and usually just sticking a big woof in a half sheet to get it up, and going, 'OhMiGawd, this is the grail!', and never turning back.

There must be something here,

Poinz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.